If you don't have extra wood laying around, often Home Depot has scrap pieces by their saws for around 50 cents a piece. They will cut the wood for you, too, if you purchase it there.
It took me a matter of 20 minutes max to put together, and most of that time was waiting for the paint to dry.
I used an old photo of my kids, but I'll be sure to update it when I get our new ones developed shortly. :)
Wood Block (mine measures approximately 5 1/4 x 7")
5 x7 photo
Brush and Paint (I used Spa Blue by DecoArt)
Baker's twine and rickrack or other ribbon for embellishing
- Sand and paint your wood block
- After the paint has dried, rough up the edges of the block a little with sand paper if you like, for a decorative touch
- If you can, cut a little bit off the end of your picture so there will be extra room on the side of the block to tie ribbon/twine. If not, you can just tie it over the picture.
- Mod Podge your picture to your wood block
- Tie your twine and rickrack on, and you're done!
Now give it to a wonderful Grandma or other special lady for Mother's Day!