Just prepare your basic rice krispie treat recipe (I like to brown my butter a bit and add a little vanilla extract) but add in orange food coloring when you put in the marshmallows. Let the cereal mixture cool a bit and then shape into balls.
Press a little tootsie roll into the top to make a stem and then add some candy to make the eyes and noses - get creative! I love that these can be Halloween pumpkins by making them look like jack-o-lanterns, or leave off the little face and you can make these all the way up to Thanksgiving! They're a fun treat your family will love to make and to eat!
Pumpkin Krispies Treats:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- red & yellow food coloring or orange gel coloring
- 5-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- mini tootsie rolls
- candy for decorations, M&M's, candy corn, etc.
- In a large saucepan, melt and slightly brown butter on medium heat. Add vanilla extract and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Add food coloring until desired orange color is reached. Add cereal and stir until completely combined. Turn off heat and let sit for a few minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- When mixture has cooled enough, spray your hands with cooking spray and mold cereal mix into circles. (I made nine medium sized pumpkins). Unwrap a tootsie roll and press into each pumpkin top. Add candy for the eyes and noses (we used a little frosting to adhere). Eat and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Thanks for having me here today!
Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy
A HUGE thank you to Jen for sharing this fun and festive treat with us! They are too cute for words and I can't wait to make them with my kiddos.
Jen has an amazing site filled with tons of tasty recipes! Everything I've made from there has been nothing short of delectable. Stop by and say hi and pin a few or twenty. :)