Why run to the store when you can make lollipops at home in no time at all?! These Jolly Rancher Suckers are a hit with the kids!
My kiddos are candy eaters to the core. In fact, it’s a huge struggle to get them to eat their veggies and the only way I can do it is if I bribe them with dessert afterwards. 🙂 Please tell me I’m not alone in this.
Since it’s summer time and we’re trying to make the most of every minute of every day, we’ve made up a little bucket list of activities the kids and I would like to do before school starts back up. The kids asked to spend more time in the kitchen with me, making fun and yummy things, and they definitely don’t need to make that request twice, so this was our first mini “experiment”!
This idea was inspired by a Taste of Home magazine clipping that I found from years past.
We thoroughly enjoyed the results, as you can see.
What I love about this method is that you don’t have to start from scratch, it’s unbelievably easy, and you can make pretty much any color or flavor under the sun!
Simple melt down some Jolly Rancher candies and you’ve got a pretty assortment of colorful lollipops! Here’s how it’s done.
Your jaw is going to drop when I tell you what a no-brainer this is.
Jolly Rancher candies (or other hard candies that melt down easily)
2″ Circle Cookie Cutter
Nonstick baking spray
Nonstick baking mat or baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray
1. Spray the inside of a micro-wave safe mini bowl and the inside of your cookie cutter with nonstick cooking spray
2. Place three unwrapped Jolly Rancher candies in the bowl
3. Microwave on high for about 45 seconds, or just until melted (Careful! It can burn!)
4. Immediately remove bowl from microwave (protect your hands because it’ll be hot) and quickly pour into prepared cookie cutter
5. Allow to set until not runny, but still soft and then gently remove from the cookie cutter
6. Press a sucker stick into the bottom portion, let set completely and enjoy! You can cut some cute paper straws and put the sucker stick through if you’d like.
Now repeat the process to make lots of different colors and flavors!
This is going to be a new summer time tradition of ours! It’s so fun and the kids loved to help make and of course eat them! These would also be a perfect kids’ birthday cake topper!