Whenever you’re in a dinner time slump, it’s Baked Spaghetti to the rescue! It’s an easy meal the whole family will be all smiles about!
When it’s cold outside, I crave all things comfort food! Which means pasta is on the menu often during the winter time! What I love about spaghetti is that it’s one of those meals you can throw together in a jiffy, even when you don’t feel like making dinner, and no one seems to complain about it! Baking the spaghetti enhances the flavors and takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness with the melty cheese on top!
This one’s a winner on all counts! My picky kids always seem to have a complaint about the things I present them with for their evening meal, but this one, they all ate and even actually complimented the chef for!
Believe me when I say I took the opportunity to bask in my triumphs over one successful meal! Because it’s not often that all four of my greatest critics give it two thumbs way up! 🙂
And, as if it needed to get even better, it does, because this makes a boat load, so you’ll have leftovers for the next evening! Hooray for not having to cook two nights in a row!
- 1 pkg. 16 oz. spaghetti, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. mild Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion diced finely
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 can 10.75 oz. Cheddar Cheese Condensed Soup, undiluted
- 1 packet 1.5 oz Spaghetti Sauce Mix (dry from the packet)
- 1 can 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1/8 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, cook and brown the ground beef and Italian sausage with the onion and green pepper until the meat is completely cooked through.
- Add Cheddar Cheese Condensed Soup, dry Spaghetti Sauce Mix, tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, garlic salt and tomato paste and stir to combine. Add cooked and drained spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Pour into 9x13" casserole dish, top with mozzarella cheese, cover with foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until warmed through. Enjoy immediately.
This Baked Spaghetti is sure to become a family favorite! I hope you get to try it soon!