I’ve tried so many chocolate chip cookie recipes and come up with the perfect and best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe ever! These are absolutely irresistible! They’re soft and chewy with a little crunch from the underneath. Plus, no chilling the dough!
I like my chocolate chip cookies with lots of chocolate chips. I add both semi-sweet and milk chocolate to my dough, but if you prefer one over the other, you can add whatever you’d like. I also add a few more chocolate chips on top just after baking. It makes them look extra pretty and enticing!
I’ve been making this recipe for years and years and my kids beg for these cookies! I’ve taken these cookies to countless functions and gatherings and they always receive rave reviews. I had one woman come up to me after trying one and ask for tips on not having cookies spread out too much while baking. The trick is to add just enough flour. You don’t want the dough to be overly sticky, but you also need to be careful not to add too much flour.
These taste as close to cookie dough as you can get! If you’re a cookie dough lover, like me, you’re going to love these! I bake them just until set, but no longer. If you like a crunchier cookie, you can of course bake them longer.
These are the kind of cookies that you can’t stop eating, just a fair warning. They are addicting and so delicious! Whenever I’m asked to bring dessert to something, my mind always first jumps to these Chocolate Chip Cookies. I typically first run through in my head all of the amazing dessert recipes on my blog, including these Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars, these Best Ever Frosted Brownies, these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies, these Frosted Lemon Cookie Bars and this No-Bake Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake. And then I usually end up making these Chocolate Chip Cookies. 🙂 Because they’re just so easy and they’re always a huge hit!
When it comes down to it, everyone loves a good Chocolate Chip Cookie. It’s a classic dessert favorite, for sure. I’ve eaten so many Chocolate Chip Cookies in my day and I can honestly say, though I may be slightly biased, that mine deserve a place in the top rankings of deliciousness.
I’ve experimented with lots of other “Best Chocolate Chip Cookie” recipes and most of them are truly amazing. But this recipe is still my go-to. It’s not complicated to make, there’s no chilling the dough, I always have the ingredients on hand, and it yields phenomenal cookies every time.
Here are some things that will come in handy when making this recipe:
Mini Metal Spatula for removing from the cookie sheets
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!
- 1 c. salted butter softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray them with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, brown and granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until well-combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips (amounts are estimates, so add however much you'd like and whatever varieties you like).
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on a cookie sheet. I like to do 2 cookies across and 4 down so they don't end up touching after baking.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, or just until set. Be careful not to over-bake! If you'd like, press a few chocolate chips into the top of each cookie after they're baked to make them extra pretty and yummy.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container once cool.
Once you bring these to the gathering, you’ll be bringing them to every event after! These are unforgettable and everyone will beg you to make them over and over again! Enjoy!
For all other cookie recipes, go HERE.