These Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are so flavorful and delicious! Serve them for dinner with a side or for a party appetizer. They’ll disappear in a hurry!
I really love taquitos, so the other day I was thinking about how I could put a fun spin on the traditional taquito. I decided to make a buffalo chicken variety!
Who doesn’t love buffalo chicken wings? The flavor is so good, so I knew it would be great inside a tortilla! All the traditional fixings for buffalo wings are in there too-you’ve got celery, green onions, blue cheese and ranch. It really doesn’t get better than this!
My twelve year old son has taken an interest in cooking lately, so I enlisted his help in the kitchen to come up with an incredible recipe that everyone will be wild about! This makes a bunch, so serve it at a party or gathering or to hungry teenagers with a bit appetite. 🙂
You’re going to be glad that this recipe yields a lot, because one is just not enough! I love that taquitos are very portable too. With our busy evenings, I typically have to eat dinner on the go, so this is a good one for that! So convenient!
If you love easy, yummy dinner ideas, you’re going to do flips for this one! Simply use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken or pre-cooked chicken from your freezer to make it extra fast! And then, once you try these, you’ll have to add these Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos to your list of things to make, as well!
When the fall weather hits, I crave warm, cheesy, comforting meals like this one. The tasty filling inside oozes out with every delicious bite. I can’t wait for you to try these! I literally threw them together in ten minutes and then set them aside until I was ready to bake them. It’s a great make-ahead meal!
When you have a busy day, whip up some Buffalo Chicken Taquitos! The family will be so glad that you did! My love for Mexican food runs deep. These will satisfy that craving! Don’t forget the sides of hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, queso, or whatever your heart can dream of!
When I need an easy dinner idea, I either turn to a skillet meal or these Easy Creamy Chicken Bundles or to taquitos. Taquitos require such little effort and are so tasty! My family always gets excited about them, so that’s a plus!
What is a taquito, you might ask? It’s a rolled taco, to put it simply. It typically has a meat and cheese filling and is fried. Although this recipe is baked to make it more healthy.
These are baked, not fried. You won’t even miss the oil, though! They still get plenty crispy, because you spray them with butter spray just before baking. Yum!
What if I want to freeze them for later? No problem! Allow them to cool completely after baking, then store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then re-heat in the oven. Alternatively, for better results, freeze the filling mixture by itself before filling the tortillas and baking. The filling mixture freezes well. Place it in a zip top bag, get all the air out and seal it and place it in the freezer. Let the mixture thaw completely the day you’ll be making the taquitos.
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 3 c. shredded cooked chicken (can use rotisserie or canned chicken)
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix dry from the packet
- 2 stalks green onion white and green parts, very finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. Blue Cheese
- 1/4 c. plus 1 Tbsp. Frank's Hot Sauce Original
- 1 stalk celery very finely diced
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Flour tortillas about 13
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded, cooked chicken, softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing mix (dry), diced green onion, Blue Cheese, Frank's hot sauce, diced celery and shredded cheddar. Stir well.
- Add 3 Tbsp. of the mixture to a flour tortilla close to the edge in a straight line and roll up tightly.
- Place in a greased pan (a large jelly roll sheet with sides would be best).
- Spray the tops with a butter spray just before baking so they'll get crispy.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired, for dipping.
Enjoy! For all other easy dinner recipes, go HERE.