A yummy, soft cookie infused with crunchy peanut butter and Butterfinger candy bar pieces! These Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies are absolutely irresistible!
The kids only have a few more weeks of summer vacation before school starts again. I’m not ready for it to end! The kids agreed recently that this has been one of the best summers ever! We’ve done lots of fun things, but also had some down time at home. To me, that’s the perfect balance!
It will be hard to settle back into a more structured routine again with early mornings and homework. So we’re enjoying every bit of the last moments of summer break!
The kids have also been helping out in the kitchen a lot more since they’re home all day. They still complain about having to load the dishwasher or sweep the floor, but get really excited when I ask them if they want to make cookies with me. 🙂
We noticed some leftover Butterfinger candy pieces in the cupboard the other day and decided to make them into some tasty cookies! There’s just a touch of extra crunchy peanut butter in these cookies and, combined with the Butterfinger pieces, it adds the perfect texture and flavor!
We filled the cookie jar to the brim with these treasures and enjoyed them immensely! I love a good soft-on-the-inside cookie! If you are a peanut butter and Butterfinger lover, you’re going to do flips for these cookies!
Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. extra crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. crushed Butterfinger candy bar pieces you can buy the Butterfinger bits packages in the ice cream topping section
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, crunchy peanut butter and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and Butterfinger pieces and mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between.
- Form or scoop dough into heaping, rounded 1 1/2" balls. Place at least 2" apart on cookie sheets. Press dough balls down to flatten slightly with the palms of your hands before baking.
- Bake for approximately 9-10 minutes. Allow them to cool for about five minutes on the cookie sheets before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I hope you’re enjoying your summer! Grab a glass of milk and settle down with some Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies! They’re sure to put a smile on your face!
For all other Peanut Butter Cookie recipes, go HERE.