Do you love breakfast or breakfast for dinner? These Buttermilk Waffles will really hit the spot!
My family loves to eat breakfast for dinner at least once a week. I make Whole Wheat Pancakes for breakfast every morning, but there never seems to be enough time to cook individual waffles before the busyness of the day begins. So we often have waffles for dinner!
Every time I make anything with buttermilk, my family raves about it! I think you’ll agree that buttermilk totally belongs in waffles! It takes the flavor up at least ten notches!
I will definitely be sharing more breakfast recipes as the year goes on. I love breakfast! In fact, I never skip it. I typically wake up early and work out. After showering and getting ready, my body is begging for food. Growing up, my mom would make a homemade breakfast almost every day of the week. I guess you can say I got used to it. So I do the same for my kids. We love it!
I feel like a tasty, hearty homemade breakfast really tides me over until lunch, whereas a lot of other things don’t sit with me for very long. Plus, you just can’t beat homemade!
- 2 1/8 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c. buttermilk see *note below for making your own
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. salted butter melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with the buttermilk and vanilla. Then add the melted butter slowly while whisking quickly. Immediately pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until incorporated. There will still be lumps.
- Preheat waffle iron and grease. Pour batter into the waffle iron until it reaches about 1/2" to the edge of the iron. Cook until desired softness or crispiness is reached. Serve topped with butter, syrup, jam, berries or whipped cream.
I hope you enjoy these delicious buttermilk waffles! They’re a keeper!
Other Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love: