Easter is coming soon! These Cake Mix Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies are a perfect last minute dessert to bring to the gathering! They come together in a hurry and are sure to fly off the platter!
Easter is next weekend! We are getting so excited to celebrate! The weather is warming up and the trees are blossoming. I love this time of year! Especially after what felt like a very long winter, I welcome the sunshine with open arms. I can’t wait to plant some flowers in my boxes (as soon as it stops freezing at night).
But maybe one of the things I look forward to most about Easter time is all the amazing desserts! Especially those that involve Cadbury Mini Eggs. 🙂 There are just so many ways to use them in desserts. I love to keep them stocked in my cupboards so I can whip up a treat on a whim and keep plenty around for snacking purposes too. 🙂
I can’t wait to set the table for Easter dinner. I found and bought the cutest Peter Rabbit plates the other day. I grew up reading Beatrix Potter books and watching the adorable animated movies. My kids love them too. Peter Rabbit is probably my favorite character from the series.
It will be the first year that we have themed real plates (not paper) for the occasion, and I’m here for it! Bring on the baked ham, homemade rolls, cheesy potatoes, and Carrot Cake! I’ll also probably make these cookies at least one more time before Easter. They are incredible! I am a huge fan of cake mix cookies! They are so easy to make and so versatile too!
This recipe involves a yellow cake mix, a few basic ingredients that you’ll already have in your kitchen, and some crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs, of course. 🙂 If you put off figuring out Easter dessert, this is a no-fuss option that you can bake up in a snap! Everyone will go crazy for them too!
How do you celebrate Easter? I hope it involves lots of yummy food! We’re gearing up for our Easter feast! But my favorite part is dessert, which shouldn’t come as a shock to you. 🙂 Whether it involves egg hunts, family or friend gatherings, a church service, dying eggs, or other fun events, every Easter celebration should include these amazing cookies!
Cake Mix Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
- 15.25 oz. classic yellow cake mix my favorite is Duncan Hines
- 6 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. Cadbury Mini Eggs crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together yellow cake mix, melted butter, vanilla and egg. Stir in crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Scoop or roll dough into rounded 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on prepared sheets. Press dough balls down with the palm of your hand to flatten the balls slightly. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow them to cool slightly on the baking sheets before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
I hope you get to make these simple yet scrumptious cookies very soon! Happy Easter!