These festive candy corn M&M Halloween cookie bars are sure to be a hit! A soft, thick, chewy cookie bar loaded with candy corn m&m’s, Halloween sprinkles and chocolate chips!
Hello I Dig Pinterest readers! I am so excited to be joining the Halloween Extravaganza. I’m Jessica and I blog over at Together as Family, so I would love for you to come visit. After you get the recipe for these delicious Halloween cookie bars, of course.
I’ll be honest and say that I have never been a fan of Halloween. Even as a kid I would dread the day of school where we all wore our Halloween costumes and then paraded around to the other classrooms to show it off. Now that I have 3 kids of my own I have kind of been forced to get into the Halloween thing a bit. Like all kids, Halloween is probably one of my kids’ favorite Holidays. I mostly love it because of all the fun food, but they love it because of the costumes, parties, and trick-or-treating, and because they get to stay up late 🙂 .
I enjoy taking tried & true family recipes, like these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars, and adding a Halloween twist with the candy corn M&M’s and sprinkles! But really, you could change up these bars for any Holiday. Just coordinate the m&m’s and the sprinkles.
One trick I have to make these bars look extra pretty is to sprinkle some additional Halloween sprinkles on top of the bars (before you put them in the oven) and also gently push a few of the candy corn M&M’s on top. And the most important thing is to not over bake these bars! I promise you that these bars are so soft, and chewy, and just downright delicious when they are not over-baked. I have made these so many times that I don’t even look at the recipe anymore and I found the perfect cooking time is 16 minutes. The edges will be a light golden brown and start to pull away from the sides of the pan, but the middle will still be a bit pale. Don’t worry because as they cool for 10 minutes or so in the pan, they will finish baking and set up really nicely.
Candy Corn Halloween Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats not quick oats
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup candy corn m&m's crushed slightly
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Halloween sprinkles
- additional candy corn m&m's and sprinkles for top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and oats.
- In a large bowl (or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars until fluffy and light in color, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Mix together well.
- Add in the dry ingredients, candy corn m&m's, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and mix just until combined.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle some Halloween sprinkles on top and gently press some additional candy corn m&m's over top of the dough.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. The bars will still look pale. Don't over bake or the bars will be dry! Remove the pan to a cooling rack and let the bars cool in the pan before cutting into squares.
Have a safe, fun, and sugar coma filled Halloween! I hope you love these cookie bars and thanks so much for letting me come visit today!
These are so perfect and festive, Jessica! I love cookies in any form! Add in sprinkles and M&M’s and there’s no way I can resist! I can’t wait to make them for my family! Thank you so much for sharing! If you haven’t visited Jessica’s blog, I suggest you do so very soon! She shares the yummiest recipes! I’ve been drooling over her Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread!