This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
Beautiful layers of carrot cake, caramel cream cheese frosting, pecans, and DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs are contained in a pretty glass with these Mini Carrot Cake Trifles! This is an impressive dessert that’s sure to win praises!
Spring is just around the corner, which means Easter is too! I can’t tell you how excited I am for consistently warmer weather. Not to mention a colorful world again. The winter time is pretty drab around here. I always long for blooming flowers and green grass by the end of the cold season.
And, I get super eager to put up the Easter decor to add splashes of color to my home as well. I made these Easter Egg Candlesticks a few years back and they are still one of mine and my kids’ favorite decor pieces!
Another of the events that I look forward to this time of year is the monumental day when the Easter candy hits store shelves. Can we just talk about what a temptation it is? I can’t leave Walmart without traveling down the seasonal aisle and loading up on sweets. After all, I have to keep that treat cupboard stocked, because these delicious candies are only available for a short period!
Don’t miss out on this great Ibotta offer!
This is definitely the most-visited portion of the store for me this time of year. 🙂 I can find anything I need from Easter baskets to the candy and toy fillers!
I always get this sense of panic on the day of Easter, realizing that my access to these goodies is going to cease.
So I always make the most of them while they’re around. Like adding them into decadent, phenomenal desserts like today’s Carrot Cake Trifles!
I can’t let Easter pass without making carrot cake, and carrot cake is just not complete without the pecans and cream cheese frosting! I added caramel ice cream topping to my frosting to make the end result even more irresistible! I’m pretty sure you’re going to be crazy about these! I certainly couldn’t keep my fork out of that glass!
I chose to save the best for last (a.k.a. leave the DOVE® Peanut Butter Egg on top for as long as possible so I could savor every bite of it at the end).
Here’s how to make these incredible mini trifles:
Carrot Cake Mini Trifles
- For the Carrot Cake:
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. carrot shredded finely
- For the Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. caramel ice cream topping
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- For layering optional: 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- 8 DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs 4 chopped and 4 whole
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13" cake pan. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and carrot. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly, and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Moist crumbs are good, just no gooey-ness.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Make the frosting by mixing together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, caramel ice cream topping, and powdered sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Cut carrot cake into bite-sized pieces and layer first about four pieces in the bottom of a short glass. Next, add a large spoonful of cream cheese frosting and spread it, followed by some chopped pecans and a few pieces of DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs.
- Repeat layers until you reach the top of the glass, ending with a big dollop of frosting on top and a whole DOVE® Peanut Butter Egg as garnish. Enjoy!
So many layers of carrot cake, caramel cream cheese, and peanut-butter-chocolate goodness! This is a must-make dessert this spring/Easter season!
Be sure to stop by Walmart for all your Easter needs, including yummy candy!