Christmas goodie plates won’t be complete without these soft cake mix cherry cookies dipped in white chocolate! Give them a festive holiday touch with some green, red and white sprinkles!
During the holiday season, I’m all about easy in the kitchen. Our meals are typically produced in the crockpot. I do fewer dirty dishes, but not because we produce less. I just try to be better at ignoring them so I can get the other things done. Things like gift shopping, attending parties, decorating, and spending special time with my family during the wonderful season that always passes too quickly.
Every year I look forward to delivering homemade treat plates to neighbors and friends. There are a few delicious staples that manifest themselves year after year like this Chocolate Mint Fudge or these Oreo Sandwich Cookies. I think there would be complaints if I omitted them. 🙂
But, each time, I like to include something new and exciting to give them to talk about.
These pretty white chocolate-dipped cherry cookies will leave them begging for more! They’re chewy on the outside and ultra soft on the inside…with an almost fudge-like texture. They come together in a hurry but give the impression that you fussed over them all day.
In short, your neighbors will feel extremely loved and privileged to receive these beauties. 🙂
Growing up, I always looked forward to the delivery of goodie plates from certain family friends during the month of December. You know, the ones who could really bake. 🙂 We kids would speculate about when those best-loved treats would be hitting our doorstep. We’d say things like, “So-and-so always delivers theirs late in the season, so they’ll probably stop by on Christmas Eve.” We’d pretty much bolt at the sound of the doorbell each time because it usually meant a new supply of homemade sweet sugary goodness. 🙂
But, it just fueled our anticipation and fun the next evening when we’d wait to see if we’d receive another special delivery. 🙂
These rockstar cookies are made with a cherry cake mix that’s doctored up with almond extract, maraschino cherry juice (to enhance the gorgeous color and create impeccable flavor), butter, and an egg. The result is a brag-worthy concoction that will make the taste buds sing. In this case, they’ll bust out in Christmas carol tunes. 🙂 You just wait.
If you choose to share these, you’ll become that neighbor who everyone waits by their door every evening in December, hoping you’ll ring with the annual Christmas dessert smorgasbord. Yes, they’ll dub you the favorite person on the block because of these cherry cookie delights.
Cherry White Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
- 1 Box 15.25 oz Cherry Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Delights)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 tsp. maraschino cherry juice the liquid that comes in the jar with the cherries
- 1 c. white chocolate chips melted
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease cookie sheets or line them with a nonstick baking mat. Add cake mix, egg, butter, almond extract and cherry juice to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and use the flat bottom of a cup to press down each dough ball until it's flat. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate and add sprinkles. Let the chocolate set (if you want to speed this up, place them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes). Serve.
Be prepared to make these year after year, because they’re that good!
What are your favorite treats to include on your neighbor goodie plates each year?