This fluffy mousse and cheesecake-like cherry chocolate dip is SO addicting! Serve it with graham crackers, fruit, chocolate sandwich cookies or vanilla wafers for the ultimate tasty treat!
I’ve had this idea brewing in my brain for a few months now and I’m glad it finally came to fruition. I’m also quite pleased to announce that it far exceeded my expectations. I mean, I thought it would be good, but I didn’t plan on it consuming my thoughts night and day until every last trace was licked out of the bowl. 🙂
Even my baby kept going to the pantry, grabbing the wafer cookies, then pointing at the fridge. 🙂 I think it’s safe to say that he takes after his mother in the sweets department. This is the kind of dip that you don’t even need a dipper to go with. Heck, I took a giant spoon to it more often than I’ll admit. 🙂
This delicious cherry chocolate mousse confection gives the Pink Lemonade Dip from last summer a run for its money, and that’s really saying something, because I wanted to face plant in that stuff.
I admit that I’m not one to eat maraschino cherries by themselves, but I love to add their flavor to my desserts. This dip is reminiscent of a no-bake chocolate cheesecake if it collided with a dreamy mousse. Melted, quality German chocolate, cream cheese, and a big puffy cloud of whipped topping make it absolutely irresistible. And don’t forget the cherry juice!
Cherry Chocolate Mousse Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. maraschino cherry juice
- 4 oz. Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate Bar
- 1/4 c. milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping Cool Whip
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate Bar and milk. Stir constantly until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool while you do the next part. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in maraschino cherry juice (the syrup from the jar of cherries) and mix until combined. Mix in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with cookies and fruit as dippers.
This phenomenal, smooth and creamy cherry chocolate temptation turned me into a crazy dipping fanatic! I’m looking forward to making it again very soon! But my waistline is begging me to wait. 🙂