Are you a fan of easy dinners that are also delicious? Then this Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Skillet Meal is for you! It comes together in under 30 minutes and just uses one skillet, so you don’t have to worry about dirtying all the dishes in the kitchen! Cleanup is a breeze!
School has started and we are busier than ever! Can you relate? My daughter made the high school volleyball team, so we are running everywhere for practices and games. I’ve also got kids at three different schools with different drop offs and pickup times. I feel a little like a taxi driver. 🙂 Let’s just say that I go to bed exhausted every night! That pillow is so inviting and I think I drift off in record time.
I’ve always placed a priority on eating dinner together as a family around the dinner table. Now, sometimes this is hard with kids at ball practice or ball games or other after school activities, but it is possible! It just takes some planning and preparation, but it’s worth it! I promise!
Sometimes we only have a 30 minute window where we are home together, but I make sure to have dinner ready, so we can hurry and eat as a family before heading out again. This means making that casserole ahead of time, so I can quick and bake it and have it ready when we need to eat. Other times it means popping something in the crockpot earlier in the morning. Or, whipping up a skillet meal in a snap! We really try not to eat out very often. It’s expensive, often highly caloric, and homemade is better! At least that’s how we feel!
I know you’ll be glad if you make family dinner around the table a priority! This is where great conversation happens and happy memories are made around good food. Your kids will remember and appreciate your sacrifice to get dinner on the table, if not now, then later on in life.
Lately I’ve shared lots of yummy skillet meal options that are all so easy to make and super yummy too! You’ve got to try this Meatball Pasta Skillet Meal, this Beefy Noodle Skillet Meal and this Skillet Lasagna! These are just a few of our favorites! Today’s recipe is no different. It’s incredibly scrumptious and so easy to throw together!
I can’t wait to share more easy dinner recipes with you! I love to make your life easier! I know how it is to feel like you’re too busy to make dinner and like a homemade meal isn’t an option. I’m here to tell you that you can do it!
This skillet pasta has chicken and penne, roasted red peppers and cooks up in a tasty, flavorful broth mixture. Then you finish it off with just a little heavy cream to make it creamy and then some parmesan cheese. Your kids are going to love it! Everyone in my family gave it two thumbs up!
Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Skillet Meal
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste for the chicken
- 16 oz penne or whatever pasta you have on hand uncooked
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 can 10 oz Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles), undrained
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. roasted red peppers diced (I used the jarred variety)
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over the stove top on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and chicken, then salt and pepper the chicken and cook it until no longer pink.
- Add pasta, chicken broth, Rotel, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and diced roasted red peppers. Stir well.
- Turn the stove top heat up to high, cover the skillet and allow it to come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and allow it to cook, covered, just until the pasta is tender and the liquids mostly cook into the pasta. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the heavy cream and shredded parmesan.
- Serve immediately with additional parmesan cheese on each portion, if desired.
This is definitely going in our regular meal rotation! I hope you love it too!