Loaded with veggies, creamy noodles and melty cheese, this Chicken Noodle Bake is sure to please everyone at dinner time!
Last time when we visited my parents, my mom made a delicious casserole that everyone gobbled right up! I got the recipe from her, added my own flair and here we are! This is the definition of comfort food. Every bite makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. If chicken noodle soup became a casserole, this is what it looks like. We loved the leftovers the next day too!
I grew up eating homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. It was my grandma’s yummy recipe. But I just might enjoy this version even more!
I don’t know about you, but I have the hardest time getting my kids to eat veggies when I just plop a scoop of veggies on their plates. But when I incorporate those veggies into things and tell them they’re not allowed to pick them out, we have much greater success. 🙂
The flavors in this are so yummy and the veggies really add interest and substance.
This meal comes together so quickly, especially if you use rotisserie or canned chicken like I did. The whole family will go wild for this! You can add crumbled French fried onions on top, but I knew my kids would complain about that, so I opted not to. Either way, it’s so delicious!
Chicken Noodle Bake
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 4 cups cooked chicken diced or shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 3/4 c. frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1 can 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 3/4 cup sour cream full fat
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for inside the casserole plus 1 1/2 to 2 c. shredded cheddar on top
- 1 cup crumbled French fried onions optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9x13" cooking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pan. Add shredded, cooked chicken, chicken broth and thawed mixed vegetables to the cooked noodles. Stir together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, dry onion soup mix to taste, and 1 c. shredded cheddar. Gently fold sauce into noodle mixture and spread into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 to 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese on top, along with French fried onions (optional). Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly in the center.
This Chicken Noodle Bake is sure to put a smile on your face! It’s going on the regular meal rotation around here!
For more scrumptious casserole recipes, go HERE.
Heather D. says