If you’re a chocolate lover through and through, you’re going to literally do flips for this Chocoholic Bundt Cake! I pretty much did!
You’re welcome for this cake. I just need to put that out there first. You didn’t even say thank you yet, but I know you’re going to when you make this! It is seriously one of the best chocolate cakes I’ve ever had, along with this Layered Chocolate Mint Cake, this Chocolate Party Cake, and this Coca Cola Cake. I make and eat a lot of chocolate cake, so you could say I’m a trustworthy source. 🙂
I love that this recipe starts with a boxed chocolate cake mix to make enjoying dessert so easy and then it’s dressed up with a few simple ingredients to make it moist and so rich with chocolate flavor and deliciousness! There are chocolate chips in the actual cake. Hello yummy!
It’s topped with the most decadent, finger-licking, bowl-licking-good chocolate ganache. And then, because I’m a big proponent of feeding my chocolate addiction to the max, I even sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top. 🙂
I’m not even going to tell you how quickly we devoured this cake. Luckily, we shared it with neighbors to make ourselves feel a little less guilty.
I think you’ll agree that this is one of the best dang pieces of chocolate cake you’ve ever enjoyed! Plus, bundt cakes are extra pretty, don’t you think? I love how the ganache drapes over the sides in mouthwatering quantities. I like a high frosting to cake ratio, how about you?
You cannot run to the kitchen and make this cake fast enough! Just looking at the photos makes me yearn for it again! This recipe comes from my mom, who found it in an old Nestle cookbook. I adapted it a bit to make it even more incredible!
This cake makes my chocolate-loving heart so very happy! I know it will bring a smile to your face too!
Chocoholic Bundt Cake
- 1 pkg. 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix
- 1 package 3.4 oz chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 3 to 6 Tablespoons milk add slowly (a Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish optional
- Grease and lightly flour a 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together chocolate cake mix, chocolate instant pudding and pie filling, milk, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Scrape down the sides with a spatula throughout the process. Stir in 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (nuts are optional).
- Spread batter evenly around prepared bundt cake pan. Bake for approximately 37-38 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Then run a butterknife carefully around the edges of the pan to help release it. Carefully invert the cake onto the wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- To make the ganache, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a medium sauce pan over the stove top on low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar, alternately, with milk (a Tablespoon at a time), until a nice consistency is reached. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour ganache over cake. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired.
The next time that chocolate craving hits, whip up this cake and your taste buds will applaud you for doing so!
For all other cake recipes, go HERE.