These Chocolate Heaven Cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream come true! Every bite is nothing but chocolate heaven! A chocolate-based cookie studded with chocolate chips and then topped with a big chocolate candy.
Do you ever have those days when all you want to eat is chocolate? Yeah, that’s me every day. 🙂 I’ve always been totally chocolate obsessed! Are you the same way?
My kids like to play the “would you rather” game. Do you know what that is? We’ll be sitting around the dinner table and one of them will start asking us something like, “Would you rather eat worms all day for a year or never be able to eat chocolate?” That one has come up in some form or another many times. 🙂 Honestly, I don’t even have to think twice about the answer because I just know that I’d never give up my chocolate! So worms it is, haha! But I really hope it never comes to that. 🙂
With Valentine’s Day approaching, I frequent the seasonal candy aisle every time I grocery shop. When I saw these delightful dark chocolate hearts, I grabbed a bag. I knew they’d be perfect on top of cookies! But, if it’s not Valentine’s season, you can also sub in any other kind of chocolate candy-Hershey’s Kisses or other Dove pieces. I’m all about the dark chocolate, so I stirred in some dark chocolate chips and then used dark chocolate hearts. But if you’re not a dark chocolate fan, you can of course use milk chocolate.
I’ve made a lot of chocolate cookies in my time, but these are honestly some of my favorite! They’re so soft and fudge-like and chewy! They’re like a brownie in cookie form. They stay soft for days and don’t get dry. I think it’s safe to say that I’m obsessed! Don’t you just want to take a bite?!
I’m thinking I need to make another batch for our Valentine’s Day dessert.
Chocolate Heaven Cookies
- 1 c. salted butter softened slightly
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2/3 c. brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate
- 1 pkg. dark chocolate candies to put on top or milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with nonstick baking liners or lightly spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between.
- Add the vanilla and mix just to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until incorporated, scraping down the sides in between.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Form or scoop dough into 1 1/2" balls and place them at least 2" apart on prepared sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then let them cool on the pans for a few minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack. After you've just removed them to the cooling rack, press a chocolate candy in the top of each. If you want to make sure your chocolate candies don't melt, you can freeze them beforehand or quickly place the cookies in the fridge right after pressing the chocolate candies in the top.
For all other chocolate dessert recipes go HERE.