Add these Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Cookies to your Christmas baking list! You won’t be sorry!
I was at Walmart the other day and noticed these cute Holiday Peppermint Twist Marshmallows in the baking aisle (I think they were actually in the holiday baking aisle). I knew I had to incorporate them into a Christmas dessert! And because I love cookies so much, I decided to place them on top of a yummy chocolate cookie!
Because chocolate and peppermint are absolutely divine together, don’t you agree? These cookies are so chocolate-y, soft and chewy! I’m pretty sure you’re going to be head over heels for them! The soft and gooey peppermint marshmallows on top really take them to the next level!
The trick is to bake the cookies, then immediately after removing them from the oven, when they are still piping hot, press a marshmallow into the center of each. The marshmallow will melt and become a part of the phenomenal chocolate cookie! You have to try these!
These are on my list of all-time favorite Christmas cookies, right up there with these Pumpkin Gingerbread Cookies, these Christmas Cake Mix Cookies, these Chocolate Turtle Cookies and Santa’s Favorite Cookie Bar!
Have you finished your Christmas baking yet? I’m sure I’ll be making festive goodies right up until New Year’s! I love to make the most of this time of year! I can’t get enough of the fudge and the peppermint and cranberry treats! I’m going to be sad to say goodbye to them!
So, in the meantime, I’ll be in the kitchen working my oven to the max! 🙂
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips to stir in
- Great Value Holiday Peppermint Twist Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with silicone non-stick baking mats or lightly grease them.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla, scraping down the sides in between. Add melted chocolate chips and mix in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix, just until combined. Don't over mix. Stir in 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop or form dough into 1 1/2" balls, then press them down with the palms of your hand to flatten. Place them at least 2" apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes (7 was perfect for mine). Remove them from the oven and immediately press a holiday peppermint twist marshmallow into the center of each. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, then carefully remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.
I love to give handmade gifts to neighbors and friends! These cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday goodie plates!