Enjoy a wonderful taste of fall with these Cinnamon Butter Pecan Cookies with decadent cream cheese frosting.
What’s better than a buttery, soft cookie that’s infused with cinnamon and completed with the most divine cream cheese icing? I’d venture to say “nothing in the world”!
This week has been a particularly eventful week in the baking department. I cranked out about 60 chocolate cupcakes, along with three batches of buttercream frosting yesterday for a mother/daughter Cupcakes Wars activity I was in charge of at our church. It turned out to be lots of fun for all.
And then I also baked a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies for my daughter to take to her church activity. I never thought I’d tire of baking, but this particular day of making sweets in bulk really wore me out! 🙂
The day before I had made these beautiful Cinnamon Butter Pecan Cookies to take to a PTA-hosted luncheon for the teachers at my kids’ school. It pained me to give most of them away. They were so delicious!
Pecans are probably my most favorite nuts ever! So I knew this dough was the perfect match for some chopped pecans! Especially with the yummy cinnamon flavor.
These cookies are totally scrumptious on their own, without frosting, but I decided they could be made even better with it. 🙂 When it comes to cream cheese frosting and cookies, you just can’t go wrong!
When I bit into one, all I could think was, “Bring on autumn!”. I love the wonderful baking spices that accompany the season!
Get ready for all things pumpkin, apple and spice! 🙂
I have to say that even though it’s still technically summer, I’m really looking forward to Halloween. You know how it’s my favorite. 🙂 My kids are already planning out their costumes and talking about trick-or-treating. I must be rubbing off onto them. It’s all I can do to wait a little while before I pull out the decorations.
Cinnamon Butter Pecan Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. finely-chopped pecans plus more for topping
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and either lightly grease some cookie sheets or line them with nonstick baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and pecans and mix until combined. Form or scoop dough into 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 9 to 10 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly on the baking sheet before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting by creaming together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Frost cookies and sprinkle with additional chopped pecans.
But in the meantime, I’ll be devouring all the fall desserts that I can, like these delectable Cinnamon Butter Pecan Cookies! They are out-of-this-world delicious! I’m craving them again!
I hope you enjoy them!