A soft Snickerdoodle-type cookie with cinnamon in the dough that’s rolled in cinnamon and sugar for that extra yummy factor! These delightful treasures are irresistible!
But I’ve still always wondered if it could get better than a Snickerdoodle. I was pretty sure that it couldn’t. So I gave myself a challenge and set out to top my all-time cherished treat. I’m proud to say that I did it! These Cinnamon Cookies really give the Snickerdoodle a run for their money!
Especially if you love cinnamon, I know you’ll fall in love with these! I’m that confident.
I topped them with white chocolate chips, but if you’re not a fan you can always leave them off or substitute with cinnamon chips. I was so tempted to add chopped pecans and I know they would have been even more delicious. But my kids don’t eat anything with nuts, and because I didn’t trust myself around an entire batch of soft cinnamon/sugar coated cookies, I refrained. If you live in a household where nuts aren’t frowned upon, throw a bunch of them in for me. 🙂
You know how crazy I am for cookies. It’s no secret. These are definitely going into the all-star cookie rotation, right along with a few other of my can’t-live-without recipes like these Chocolate Turtle Cookies, Rocky Road Brownie Cookies and Strawberry Shortcake Cookies.
I made a fresh batch of these Cinnamon Cookies and took them to an activity at my church where I’m leader over eight and nine year old girls. I thought this was only a boy thing, but I was proven very wrong when they literally all attacked the cookie platter and then begged for seconds and thirds. 🙂
- 3/4 c. 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 c. white sugar granulated
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- Chopped pecans optional
- White Chocolate or Cinnamon Chips optional
- For Rolling:
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. In a separate bowl, stir together baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon and flour. Add it to the wet mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in chopped pecans, if desired. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon for rolling.
- Make 1 1/2" dough balls with a cookie scoop or by hand. Roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture and place at least 2" apart on a baking mat lined cookie sheet or one that's been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes. Don't overbake or they wont' be soft! If you'd like, right out of the oven, press white chocolate chips or cinnamon chips into the tops of the cookies. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
More cinnamon with that Snickerdoodle cookie? I say “Yes, please!”
You can’t make these fast enough!