This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #MinuteMaidHoliday #CollectiveBias
Holiday guests will love to be served these special sweet rolls, infused with orange juice and dried cranberries! The orange almond glaze is everything! These are perfect for Christmas morning breakfast or a New Year’s brunch with company!
Last night was my annual Christmas recital that I host for my music students at my home. I always look forward to it. The kids make so much progress over the course of a year, it’s unbelievable. I love teaching, watching them learn, grasp new concepts and gain new abilities in the way of music.
We had a wonderful evening with parents and friends who came to support. My home was filled with Christmas carols, hoedowns, marches, and consequently smiles and joy.
I made some refreshments to enjoy afterwards and one of the items on the dessert buffet menu was these amazing Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls. They did not last long and received tons of compliments! The incredible flavor combo of cranberries and orange takes the traditional sweet roll up about a zillion notches!
The demands during this time of year are high between trying to keep the perfect house for guests, serve up that perfect magazine-worthy meal, tackle that gift list, and keep things magical for the kids.
I’m a firm believer that this season does not have to be complex or expensive to be meaningful. Something as simple as a family brunch on Christmas morning can create memories to last a lifetime!
These soft and tasty rolls just wouldn’t be the same without today’s star player, some Minute Maid Orange Juice! It gives this dessert the perfect punch of orange flavor that pairs perfectly with the dried cranberries!
I grabbed all of the ingredient’s for today’s amazing recipe at Albertsons.
Are you hosting guests over the holidays? They will forever love you for serving them a warm Cranberry Orange Sweet Roll in the morning or any time of the day, for that matter!
Here’s a quick run-down on how to make them.
Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls
- 2 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 c. bread flour
- 2 large eggs beaten with fork
- 2 Tbsp. Minute Maid Orange Juice
- 3 c. bread flour
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/4 c. Minute Maid Orange Juice
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, add warm water, then yeast, melted butter, sugar, salt and 4 c. bread flour. Turn on mixer, let mix until ingredients start to incorporate together and then add beaten eggs, orange juice and 3 c. flour, one cup at a time, mixing in between. Knead on medium setting for 4 minutes.
- Cover bowl with a warm, damp towel or cling wrap and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place. Roll out dough into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface, about 1/4" thick.
- Spread with butter, sprinkle with sugar, orange zest and dried cranberries.
- Roll dough up lengthwise and pinch at seams to close. You may need to get a little bit of water on your fingers and run it along the seam to get it to seal. Cut into about 2" slices with dental floss. Place very close together on a greased or baking mat lined sheet or pan.
- Let rise for about 30 minutes in a warm place, then bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- While baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together orange juice, almond extract and powdered sugar. Add additional powdered sugar to thicken or more orange juice to thin. Drizzle over warm rolls and serve. I like to double the glaze recipe to make sure there's plenty!
These things will make you sing praises and possibly Christmas carols. 🙂
I just can’t get over that Orange Almond Glaze! It’s a lick-the-spoon-and-bowl-clean kind of a thing. You won’t be able to resist!
Serve these with a side of Minute Maid Orange juice for the ultimate holiday breakfast or brunch!
These are a real winner! You’ll be making them every holiday season, I guarantee it!