Got a busy evening? No worries, because this easy Creamy Cajun Chicken Linguine Skillet Meal will come to the rescue!
It’s ready in around 30 minutes and it’s SO yummy! It’s loaded with bell peppers, seasoned chicken pieces, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce that’s all tossed into linguine pasta. It doesn’t get any better than this in the dinner department! My family agreed that it tastes straight out of a restaurant!
It’s got a little kick, so if you want to reduce that, simply add less red pepper, although the red pepper adds more wonderful flavor, so try not to take it out entirely. Whenever I’m in a cooking rut, I call up my blog and search “skillet meals”. They never lead me astray. From the Creamy Tuscan Chicken Skillet Pasta to the Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Skillet to the Beefy Noodle Skillet to the Chicken Fajita Skillet, Chicken Burrito Skillet and Skillet Lasagna, I’ve got you covered for easy, delicious meals!
So, when you don’t feel like cooking next time, instead of grabbing takeout, make this Cajun Chicken Skillet meal and you’ll thank yourself! It’s one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever enjoyed, and that’s saying a lot. I’ve eaten pasta at 5 star restaurants and this is in line with those high-end menu items.
I seriously can’t get over how scrumptious it is! It’s perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of add-ins and the linguine noodles and creamy sauce just send it over the top! A few of my kids, along with my husband, said it’s their new favorite thing that I make. I’ll take that as a massive compliment! I absolutely love linguine, and I can’t get enough of the cajun flavors, so I knew I needed to combine them into a fuss-free meal for the whole family to enjoy. This is it!
I can’t wait for you to try it! I’ll be making it on-the-regular. I know my kids will not let me forget about this amazing recipe. You know how sometimes you forget about certain things that you make and then later on, something brings it to your remembrance and you’re wondering how you could have possibly forgotten about that delicious recipe? Yea, that will never happen with this one. It’s that incredible.
You just can’t go wrong with a flavorful, creamy sauce tossed into linguine, chicken, mushrooms and peppers. When dinner is this simple and delicious, it’s a no-brainer to cook instead of loading the family in the car and heading out to eat. As tempting as that can be on busy evenings, trust me, make this Creamy Cajun Chicken Linguine! You won’t even break a sweat and your taste buds will be celebrating!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Linguine Skillet Meal
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced and diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper adjust according to your spice preference
- 8 ounces linguine uncooked
- 3 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened well
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- First, stir together cajun seasoning ingredients in a small bowl: oregano, paprika, salt, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and red pepper.
- In a large skillet over the stove top on medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and chicken pieces. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cajun seasoning mixture over the chicken pieces and stir, while cooking, just until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a plate using a slotted spoon. Leave the liquids in the skillet.
- Add one more Tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, then add diced red and yellow pepper, diced mushrooms, and minced garlic. Stir and saute over the stovetop on medium heat, until the peppers and mushrooms are tender and have reduced.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet with the peppers and mushrooms, then add the last half of the cajun seasoning and stir.
- Next, add the linguine, breaking the pasta in half before putting it in.
- Push the pasta completely under the liquid, cover the skillet, and bring it to a boil. After it has come to a boil, turn down the heat slightly so it's still at a high simmer and then allow it to cook, covered, until the pasta is tender. Stir occasionally, then replace the lid.
- When the pasta is tender and liquids have mostly absorbed, stir in the cooked chicken chunks, softened cream cheese, and shredded parmesan and toss until the cheeses melt completely. Serve immediately.
Gather the family around the table and savor every bite of this skillet meal! It’s sure to become a household favorite!
For all other dinner recipes, go HERE.