Everyone will be excited for dinner when these Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are on the menu! They’re sure to become a part of the regular meal rotation!
My husband came up with this recipe in college and made these for me when we first got married. I was raving about how delicious they are, so he showed me how to make them and I’ve been serving them to my family for dinner ever since! They only require a few ingredients and are so easy to make, especially if you start with canned or rotisserie chicken.
All you’ll need is some sour cream, green salsa, chicken, hash browns, tortillas and cheese (your favorite kind). You really can’t go wrong with these. I actually never even measure how much of anything I put in. It’s one of those things where you add a little of this and some of that and it comes together to make the best creamy chicken enchiladas you’ve tasted!
It’s one of our family’s most cherished recipes and most favorite meals! It shows up on the menu at least once a month. I used to go to the trouble of boiling and shredding chicken breasts, until I discovered the magical trick of incorporating canned or rotisserie chicken instead. It instantly made my life so much easier! And I think these taste better too this way!
These enchiladas use simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge. If you like them to be creamier, add more sour cream. If you’d prefer to bring out the green chile flavor, add more green salsa. I always save about half the salsa verde and pour it on top for a yummy finishing touch and to soften the tortillas. If you’d like, you can also pour some on the bottom of the pan before assembling these.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe and for it to become one of your family’s most requested meals too!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded (or an equal amount of rotisserie or canned chicken)
- Sour Cream I usually use a little under half an 8 oz. container
- Green Salsa Salsa Verde (I usually use half the jar for the filling mixture and half for pouring over the top)
- Hash Browns I probably add about 2 heaping cups I fry them in a skillet with butter and Greek Seasoning (you can also just salt and pepper them)
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese or your favorite kind (I've also used Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack) (about 1 1/2 cups for the filling and 1 1/2 cups for topping)
- In a large bowl, combine shredded, cooked chicken, fried hash browns, sour cream, green salsa, and shredded cheese.
- Fill tortillas with the mixture and roll up, tucking the ends inside.
- Arrange so they're touching in a greased 9"x13" pan. You can pour a little green salsa in the bottom of the pan if you don't want to grease it.
- Pour additional green salsa over the top (the rest of the jar) and sprinkle with additional shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or just until heated through. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or just until the cheese is melted on top.
For Mexican night next time, be sure to prepare these scrumptious chicken enchiladas and wait for the praises!