Dinner time will be so memorable and delicious when you serve up these Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs! They’re so easy to make and are sure to become a regular on the menu!
Weeknights are always so busy, so why not make dinner a no brainer?! Lately I’ve been simplifying our meals and we have not noticed a difference in the taste or satisfaction of the meal. But I have noticed how much more time I have in the evenings for other things! Simplifying dinner doesn’t necessarily mean quickly heating up a pre-packaged freezer meal from the store, although there are evenings that call for that.
Dinner can be so easy and delicious when made totally from scratch, just like today’s meal! These are the kind of meals that really make you smile and feel good about life! Cooking from scratch doesn’t have to be hard! This meal is a testament to that fact. But by using fresh ingredients, you’ll notice a huge difference in the taste and the wow factor in the final product.
I love a good skillet meal! It means dinner is so easy to cook and to clean up! Here are some skillet meals that you’re sure to enjoy!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Linguine Skillet
What does “Tuscan” mean, you might ask? Tuscan is the cuisine of Tuscany, which is Italian in flavor, so lots of pasta, meats, and cheeses. Tuscan Chicken typically boasts a creamy, flavorful chicken made with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, parmesan, and mushrooms. I didn’t add mushrooms to this dish, but you certainly could, if you’d like. My kids don’t eat them very well, so I left them out.
I opted to use chicken thighs, because I love their added flavor, but you could sub in chicken breasts or cutlets. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Italian food just can’t be beat! Don’t you agree? I could eat it every night and never tire of it. It’s comfort food at its best!
To prepare this recipe, you’ll first cook the chicken completely through in the skillet (flipping in between) with a little olive oil and seasonings. Then, you’ll add minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning and allow that to cook for a short period. Next, stir in the heavy cream, parmesan, and chopped, fresh spinach and allow the sauce to lightly boil and thicken. Then enjoy by itself or over pasta!
This is everything a family-pleasing meal should be! It’s easy to throw together, comforting, satisfying, flavorful and so delicious! It passed the picky kid test, too, at my house! If you love this simple Italian dinner idea, you’ll need to also try this Italian Pasta Bake and this Pink Sauce Pasta Bake. You can’t go wrong with either one! Your family will be cheering around the table!
The only thing that might be better than this dish would be a trip to Italy. And since we can’t go there every week, I’ll settle for preparing delicious foods that remind me of that beautiful place. Italian meals are regularly on the menu at our house. How about at yours? I know you’re going to love this incredible Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thigh Skillet dinner!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes from the jar, packed in oil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 c. fresh grated parmesan
- Freshly grated parmesan for garnish
- In a large skillet over the stove top on medium-high heat, add the olive oil and move the pan around until the oil coats the bottom and the oil pre-heats a bit.
- Arrange chicken thighs in a single layer. Season the chicken with garlic salt, black pepper and onion powder.
- Cover the skillet and allow the chicken to cook until completely cooked through (about 4-5 minutes per side; 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center when checked with a meat thermometer). Make sure to flip it and allow it to cook and brown on both sides.
- Add the minced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning and allow it to cook for an additional minute or two for the flavors to come out.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chicken thighs, then add chopped, fresh spinach and 1/4 c. freshly-grated parmesan. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then cover the skillet and allow it to lightly boil for 2 minutes, so it can thicken and the flavors can come together. Taste and add more garlic salt, if needed.
- Serve by itself or over pasta, with freshly-grated parmesan for garnish.
Happy cooking and eating!