I love how versatile this Felt Heart Valentine’s Bunting is! It can be hung on a mantel, shelf, used for parties and gatherings, etc. It’s also adorned my entertainment center on occasion. Here it is on my son’s tomato-red dresser that my dad made a few years ago.
Isn’t it such a fun banner? I put it together a few years back, before I started this blog, so you’ll have to forgive me for the absence of step-by-step photos. The process is pretty self-explanatory and I’ll try to describe the steps as clearly as possible. Feel free to ask questions in the comments section below, and I’ll be sure to answer them.It may be a little late to start this project this year, but be sure to pin it for the next go-around!
Needle and thread (I used red and white)
Felt (white, red, light pink and hot pink)
Hot Glue Gun
- Cut out six heart-shapes using your various colors of felt.
- Cut out a couple (I did 4) smaller hearts to use as embellishments.
- Hand-stitch around your hearts in a thread color that will pop. This step is totally optional. If you’re like me and don’t have much patience for sewing, just skip it. 🙂 I chose to do it because I love the texture and detail that it adds.
- Now embellish your large hearts with buttons, ribbon, smaller felt hearts, glitter etc. Get creative here! The sky’s the limit! I used hot glue to attach my ribbon, hearts and buttons. Just be sure to use it sparingly so it won’t show through. To make the glitter hearts, I used Elmer’s Glue to trace and fill in three hearts on my white felt. Then I sprinkled the glitter and carefully bumped off the excess. Let dry completely. On another heart, I glued a bow that I had pre-tied. Then I trimmed the overhanging ribbon. The ribbon is on the front only.
- Now hot glue your hearts to a long piece of ribbon and hang your cute banner for all to admire!
This year, I chose to hang it on our mud area shelf. It’s just such a classic, timeless bunting! I love traditional Valentine’s colors.
I always look forward to decorating for Valentine’s Day! We recently updated the carpet and paint in our home. I had to pack away most of our belongings, so I wasn’t able to have my decorations up for as long as I would have liked. My kiddos complained every day about missing our fun Valentine’s stuff. Now that the home projects are done, the pink, red, and white items are again gracing our shelves and mantel, at least for a few days more.
I can’t believe that Valentine’s Day is this Friday! Where does the time go? I hope you have fun plans for the special day!