Enjoy the goodness of a Dole Whip in cookie form! These soft, cake-like pineapple cookies have the most incredible fluffy frosting!
Every time we visit Disneyland, we have to have a Dole Whip or five. 🙂 We have a family tradition of visiting the Tikki Room with a Dole Whip in hand. We’re usually in the park for three days, and the kids beg to go get one from the moment we step foot past the gates.
Have you ever had one? I crave them every moment of every day, and that’s no exaggeration. But especially when it’s hot outside and all I want is a cool and creamy treat, I’ve always got Dole Whips on the brain!
So the other day when I couldn’t stop yearning for that delicious pineapple ice cream, I decided to try my hand at making a Dole Whip in my own kitchen, in cookie form, of course. Because if there’s one thing I’m told I can do right, it’s make cookies! Ha ha! I guess it’s become my specialty or niche after years and years of baking. They are the one thing I prefer to make over and over!
If I’m having a hard day and need a pick-me-up, a cookie always does the trick! Or if dinner burns or doesn’t burn and tastes amazing, but my picky kids turn up their noses at it, I know I can always make myself feel better with a batch of homemade cookies!
When I need dessert, and I mean need, I’d choose a cookie over anything else! This Dole Whip Cookie is one of my new favorites, right up there with the Root Beer Float Cookie, the Banana Pudding Cookie, Lemon Lovers’ Dream Cookie, Cherry Limeade Cookie and of course I can’t leave off the delightful Orange Creamsicle Cookie. Heck, I’ve got too many favorites, so you’ll have to go HERE to see the rest. And you definitely need to try them all!
Now, thanks to Pinterest, you don’t even have to buy a pricey ticket to Disneyland to enjoy one of its many wonders, the Dole Whip. With a click of the mouse, you’re on your way to digging into one very incredible treat! There are so many yummy copycat recipes out there for the ice cream version, but I think you’re going to love this cookie variety in a big way!
Dole Whip Cookies
- Pineapple Cookies:
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. crushed pineapple undrained
- 1/2 c. hot water to which 1 tsp. baking soda has been added
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. cold milk
- 3 oz. vanilla instant pudding and pie filling dry from the packet
- 1/2 c. crushed pineapple undrained
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening, vanilla, sugar, and eggs. Add hot soda water and crushed pineapple and mix until incorporated. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix, scraping down the sides with a spatula to ensure it's all incorporated.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. The cookies will spread out, so I recommend having just two in each row to leave enough space. Bake for approximately 11 to 12 minutes, or just until the centers are set. You can kind of test by touching your finger in the center and it should start to spring back. Don't overbake! Once cool, store in an air-tight container and they'll get really moist!
- For the frosting, add the milk to the bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle dry pudding mix over, then add crushed pineapple and mix well. Fold in whipped topping and refrigerate until ready to serve cookies.
- Frost cookies right before serving for the yummiest possible experience.
Tell me, are you a Dole Whip fan? Is it one of those things that you can’t leave Disneyland without having? I don’t think I’ve met a single person who’s tried them and doesn’t think they’re the most amazing thing in the world! I hope you get the chance to make these cookies very soon! Let me know how you like them!