Take your pumpkin bread to the next level of chocolatey goodness with this Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread! It’s fall dessert perfection!
I love a good Pumpkin Bread, but throw in oodles of chocolate, and I can never resist! I’ve been obsessively baking with pumpkin this season, more so than the last. Are you the same way? Not sure what has gotten into me, but I just can’t get enough of the pumpkin treats!
If you haven’t tried this Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread yet, you are missing out! It is getting rave reviews from you guys, and for good reason! I love a cake-like quick dessert bread, especially when it’s topped with cinnamon sugar.
When fall rolls around, I buy pumpkin puree like it’s going out of style. I basically clear the store shelves. 🙂 I love that this Double Chocolate Pumpkin bread has a slight orange hue from the pumpkin. It has such a gorgeous color! And are you drooling yet at those melty chocolate chips studded on top and throughout? I am!
My kids (and, let’s be honest, I too) chowed down on it like never before! I love that perfect cracked top and the yummy, golden outer coating that envelopes the tender, divinely-delicious center! There’s no such thing as too much chocolate! I think you’ll agree when you try this! Add in as much as you like!
Cocoa powder and chocolate chips give this bread an incredible chocolate flavor. A whole cup of pumpkin puree lends the perfect fall touch! I sliced a loaf and gave my neighbor a plateful, without telling her what it was called, and she texted, asking if it was “Pumpkin Chocolate Bread”. Her taste buds were spot on! I was hoping that others could taste the pumpkin. Although I love chocolate, I didn’t want that to overpower it. But these loaves are the perfect blend of pumpkin and chocolate!
The hardest part about making these is waiting for them to cool so you can slice into the scrumptious treasure that awaits! I’m so excited for you to try this! I wish fall could stay year-round so I never have to stop making pumpkin desserts! They are the best!
I’m going to make this chocolate pumpkin bread at least 20 more times before the season is over! 🙂 This is a great one for including on holiday goodie plates! Your neighbors and friends will love you all the more for it!
Just a tip, make sure you don’t leave it in the oven too long, so it won’t be dry. Set the timer for about 40 minutes and check it every few minutes by inserting a toothpick in the center. Then pull it out right when the toothpick comes out clean or with moist crumbs. The key to a fantastic flavor and texture is baking it to perfection!
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. sour cream full fat
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. baking cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips plus 1/2 c. more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease well two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to wet mixture, along with 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips, and mix just until incorporated, scraping down the sides in between.
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans and spread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and lightly press them down with your hands. Place them in the oven and set the timer for 40 minutes. Check, by inserting a toothpick into the center, every 3 minutes or so, just until the toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs. Don't over bake!
- Let them cool in the pans for about 20 minutes before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely. I like to run a butter knife around the sides to help it release. Let cool, slice and serve.
I dare you to take just one bite! I betcha this one will become a fall baking tradition at your house! We certainly can’t get enough of it! Enjoy!
I hope you’re having a wonderful autumn!