This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment , but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #DowntonAbbeyAtWalmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Host a memorable, fancy Downton Abbey DVD viewing party with friends with these easy-to-implement ideas! It includes themed appetizers and a full evening of enjoyment!
I’ve been a huge Downton Abbey fan for years! Have you as well? I’ve seen the entire series and was left wanting for more! So you can imagine how excited I was when I heard the Downton Abbey DVD (an expansion to the series) is now available! I saw it in the theatre, but I couldn’t wait to see it again at home, and this time with friends!
This show is perfectly casted! The characters and personalities are truly impeccable! I couldn’t wait to witness Violet Crawley (the Dowager Countess of Grantham and Grandmother to Lady Mary and Lady Edith Crawley) in action again. Her conversational jabs (especially against Isobel Crawley) always keep me laughing nonstop!
There’s a special place in my heart for all the gorgeous dresses the women wear throughout the show! I can’t help but imagine myself in some of those lovely evening or ball gowns. And let’s not even get started on the amazing jewelry and accessories!
Now your favorite characters are back together in this phenomenal film! The Downton Abbey DVD is officially available for purchase at Walmart and Walmart.com! This would make a great holiday gift for the Downton Abbey fan in your life! Be sure to head over and get your copy today!
In this movie, an impending visit from the King and Queen of England has the members of the Crawley household stirring with nerves and delight! You’ll chuckle, quite possibly shed a few tears, and come out feeling so glad you watched it! The resolution is both heartwarming and fulfilling!
My beautiful friends arrived, in their most elegant attire, for an evening of festivities! I love a good excuse to dress up! And of course we just had to strike a classic Downton Abbey pose on the sofa to commemorate the event. 🙂
We enjoyed a spread of appetizers that were fit to appear at the Downton Abbey table.
Among the offerings were Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches, homemade English Scones with jam and butter, green grapes, and an array of chocolate and fine cheese with crackers. Let’s not forget the fancy beverage! We sipped on Sparkling Apple Cider while watching.
Downton Abbey Watch Party
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. full fat sour cream
- For the tops of the scones:
- 2 T. butter melted
- 1 T. sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork. Add whole milk and sour cream and stir until it all comes together. It will be soft and slightly sticky. Do your best to form the dough into a 10" circle on a greased or non stick mat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15-17 minutes, or just until the round springs back a bit when pressed.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut the round into 8 pieces (more if you want them to be smaller), then use a pastry brush to spread melted butter over each scone. Sprinkle each scone with sugar. Let the scones cool completely, then store in an air tight container.
- These scones are the best the day they are baked. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The lace-lined table wouldn’t have been complete without the crown-folded paper napkins! All of it was so simple to put together, yet helped create a very memorable evening!
I love a good girls’ night, especially if it involves Downton Abbey! It’s evident that we thoroughly enjoyed the movie!
Have you seen Downton Abbey yet? Do you plan to host a watching party? I’d love to hear!