Need dinner in a hurry? Whip up this delicious and Easy Meatball Pasta Skillet Meal! It’s ready in around 30 minutes and only dirties one pan!
I polled my Instagram friends the other day, asking what recipes you’d love to see in this new year. I want to make sure the content here is always helpful and useful! I found that many of you are looking for easy meal ideas, including skillet meals.
I was secretly glad you said so, because I love coming up with new skillet meals! My family loves eating them too. 🙂
I pretty much never have the time or desire to make a meal that takes longer than 30 minutes. I save too many recipes from Pinterest that I never end up making because they look too complicated or involved. My go-to’s are always those that come together quickly and are totally delicious! This one fits the bill!
We have pasta night at least once a week and this is going in our regular rotation!
If you’ve made and loved my Lasagna Skillet Meal, you’re going to be crazy for this one! But this one has tasty meatballs! Plus, you can decide which kind of pasta to use!
I love to have a large array of easy meal ideas in my arsenal because every evening is so busy! But, as you know, I’m a huge proponent of family dinner around the table. It’s totally possible to make dinner most nights of the week if you rely on 30 minute meals like this. We rarely eat out and everyone looks forward to gathering together for a warm meal every evening.
Easy Meatball Pasta Skillet Meal
- 25-30 frozen Italian meatballs
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 can 14.5 oz Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar 24 oz of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 3 c. penne or rotini or bowtie pasta dry measured
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, add Italian meatballs, minced garlic, beef broth, Italian diced tomatoes, the jar of spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over the stove top on high heat. Then add pasta and push it under the liquid so it's covered entirely. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to low, and allow it to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you can see that the liquids have reduced quite a bit and the pasta and meatballs are fork tender. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir together shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan. Add the cheese mixture to the top, cover with a lid, and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think about this recipe when you make it!