Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies are jam-packed with deliciousness, including milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut butter chips, oatmeal, slivered almonds and pecans! Thus the title “Everything but the kitchen sink!”. You’ve never tasted a cookie this good! These are proof that more is better!
The other day I was feeling in the mood for a cookie. A really good cookie. This is pretty much typical of everyday for me. 🙂
But this time was more notable because I wanted something a little different than a traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie. And if you know me, you know I’m always down for a chocolate chip cookie. I wanted something with more texture, more chocolate, maybe some peanut butter and definitely some nuts! And thus, the “Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies” were born.
We returned a little after midnight last Monday morning from our trip out to visit family in California. My brother-in-law will be leaving the country for two years to serve a mission for our church. So we took the opportunity to go visit him and say our goodbyes. We had the best time and love this family dearly, but there’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed again! Am I right?!
The next day after getting home, instead of the nap that my body was so desperately begging for, I let my sweet tooth cravings win out and I made these cookies! Apparently when it comes to choosing between sleep or cookies, I choose the cookies. Especially when they’re these cookies!
I was especially proud of the outcome of these because, even my husband who always refuses a cookie if there are nuts in it, gave in and tried a bite. And then he proceeded to eat another and then another…and the rest is history. He’s basically obsessed!
These are not your typical nut cookies because I sort of “hid” the nuts in there. They’re chopped small enough that you almost don’t notice them (notice I said almost), but yet they lend the most incredible texture and substance to the cookie. And then, because I can never decide between white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate, I threw them all in! Then I added some peanut butter chips for good measure. I bought the package of chips that contained peanut butter and milk chocolate chips all in one bag.
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds
- 1/2 c. finely-chopped pecans
- 3/4 c. milk chocolate and peanut butter chips from the mixed bag
- 3/4 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare cookie sheets by lightly greasing them or lining them with nonstick baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, vanilla extract, eggs, brown sugar and white sugar.
- In a separate bowl, stir together old fashioned oats, baking soda, corn starch, salt and flour.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined. Add sliced almonds, chopped pecans, milk chocolate and peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips and quickly mix to incorporate.
- Roll or scoop dough into rounded 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on prepared cookie sheets. Gently press dough balls down with the palms of your hands to flatten, then bake for approximately 8 to 9 minutes. Don't over bake!
- Let cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes, then carefully remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
These are on my “Cookies Hall of Fame” list, right along with these Lemon Lovers’ Dream Cookies, these Root Beer Float Cookies, these Carrot Cake Cookies, these Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, these Berry Cheesecake Cookies and these Chocolate Turtle Cookies. I know that’s a long lineup, but you HAVE to bake up all of those when you get a chance!
Channel your inner cookie monster, pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy a bunch of these phenomenal cookies! I promise you won’t be able to stop at just one!