This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of McCain Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. #MyMcCainPotatoes #CollectiveBias
Game day just got a lot more delicious with this Fajita Fry Platter! The guests will go wild for it! Watch it disappear like magic!
I have a great offer to share with you! Until 5/31/19, you can get $1.50 off when you purchase 2 participating McCain products at Walmart. You can submit your rebate & learn more details here .
If there’s one thing I love about game day, it’s all the delicious things to eat! I get so excited to sample every appetizer and finger food available. How about you? What’s your favorite game day food?
I’ve always been a huge fan of chicken fajitas (who isn’t?), so I decided to incorporate them into a fun game day snack that’s both sharable and delectable! These Fajita French Fries will wow the crowds and have them cheering! Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make!
I’m all about keeping things simple when company is over. Which is why I incorporated McCain® Seasoned Curly Fries Seasoned Potato Fries. They make the dish low fuss, yet big on flavor and crunch! It’s loaded high with a yummy Chicken Fajita concoction and drizzled generously with warm nacho cheese sauce! The combo could not be more drool-worthy!
I love McCain products because they are made with real potatoes that are perfect to pair with any game day spread, just like today’s! McCain Foods is a multi-national company established in Canada. It’s the world’s largest manufacturer of frozen potato products!
I shopped at Walmart to prepare for our big game festivities. I picked up some McCain® Smiles® Mashed Potato Shapes and McCain® Seasoned Waffle Fries, because you can never be too prepared when it comes to hosting a big crowd!
This platter is just begging guests to dig in! I’m telling you, the peppers with the seasoned chicken strips and crunchy fries are absolutely unbeatable! This is what game day is all about! If you want to be the “hostess with the mostess”, definitely serve this up!
It’s just about as impressive looking as it is scrumptious! And it comes together in about half an hour! That’s what I call a major win!
Here’s how to make it:
First, slice some onions, peppers and chicken breasts thinly and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Next, toss the mixture in some olive oil and fajita seasoning and bake until done. Bake a package of McCain® Seasoned Curly Fries Seasoned Potato Fries according to package directions.
Fajita Fry Platter
- 1 large chicken breast sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 of a red yellow and orange bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly, then sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 of a 1.4 oz Fajita Seasoning Packet
- 1 pkg. McCain® Seasoned Curly Fries Seasoned Potato Fries
- 8 oz. salsa con queso nacho cheese sauce
- Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and arranging the bell pepper slices, onion slices and uncooked chicken strips on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 3 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with half a packet of Fajita Seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or just until the veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through completely. Wrap it in foil to keep it warm while the fries are baking, or place it in the warming drawer if you have one.
- Bake a package of McCain® Seasoned Curly Fries Seasoned Potato Fries according to package directions.
- On a large serving platter, layer the fries, then the chicken fajita mixture. Drizzle with desired amount of warm nacho cheese sauce. Serve immediately.
Then pile it all high on a platter, starting with the fries, then the fajita mixture and finishing it all off with a nice drizzling of nacho cheese sauce!
Enjoy! Happy hosting!