This post is sponsored by Zulay Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
These Frosted Lemon Cookie Bars are sunshine in a dessert! A soft, melt-in-your-mouth, lemon-y cookie base with fluffy lemon buttercream frosting! It doesn’t get better than this!
Do you love lemons? If so, this dessert is for you! Every bite is total bliss! If I could pick any treat that would make me think of spring or summer, it’s this! Thanks to the fresh-squeezed lemon juice, it’s refreshing and so delightful!
Would you believe that, up until this point, I’d never owned a lemon squeezer? I squeezed my lemons by hand and then was frustrated because I couldn’t possibly get all of the juice out, and I was using way too much energy doing so, haha. But I don’t have to feel frustrated anymore! This Lemon Lime Squeezer from Zulay Kitchen is making my baking and cooking adventures so much easier! Use code “IDIGPINTEREST10” for 10% off all products through May 31st.
Simply slice your lemon or lime in half, then place it face down into the cup. Then gently squeeze and it’s completely juiced! It’s practically effortless! It conveniently keeps the seeds and pulp from getting into your juice too. My kids can’t wait to make fresh-squeezed lemonade with it next!
I love how cute it is too! I’m all about collecting beautiful kitchen gadgets that make my space look inviting and fun to cook in!
It’s metal and very heavy duty, so this is one of those gadgets that I’ll be handing down to my kids, if I can ever part with it. 🙂
It has two cups, so if you have smaller lemons, you can squeeze them in the green cup. If your lemons are larger, place them in the yellow cup.
Possibly the very best part is that it’s dishwasher safe! It cleans very easily by hand as well.
I squeezed quite a few little lemons to make today’s Frosted Lemon Cookie Bars and I had fun doing it! The kids even came over and begged for a turn. 🙂
I love that Zulay Kitchen is a family-owned company. I really enjoy supporting businesses like these whenever I can. And every product that is sold comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. That’s what I call great customer service that I can get behind!
In addition to this Lemon Lime Squeezer, there are so many fantastic product offerings at Zulay Kitchen, and all at great quality and prices too! Use code “IDIGPINTEREST10” for 10% off all products through May 31st.
Frosted Lemon Cookie Bars
- Cookie Bars:
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon rind finely zested
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- Instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, egg, lemon juice and lemon rind. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt to the bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Press or spread evenly into a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Bake for approximately 15-17 minutes, or just until set. Be careful not to over bake.
- For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, as necessary, for thinning, mixing well in between, until desired consistency is reached. It should be nice and creamy. One Tablespoon was all it took for me. Frost, add fresh lemon zest for garnish (optional), slice, and serve.
I can’t wait for you to try these phenomenal Frosted Lemon Cookie Bars! They’re going to be made on repeat throughout the warmer months at our house!