These Gingerbread Cookie Bars bring the magic of Christmas into your kitchen! They’re soft and so yummy! Perfect for gift giving or just enjoying all to yourself!
We’re on the countdown to Christmas! I can’t believe how quickly it’s coming! There are only a few weeks of shopping left! Every day seems to be jam-packed with so many activities and tasks that must be done before the big day. I love it all, though!
We just had our annual Christmas music recital and my students all played so well. I really enjoy watching them progress throughout the year. Afterwards we enjoyed some yummy drinks and my favorite sugar cookies.
We’ll be heading to see the amazing light displays at our local botanical gardens this week. It’s one of our best loved holiday traditions. And then we’ll need to make time for lots of baking for our neighbor goodie plate deliveries! Gingerbread Cookies are such a classic Christmas time cookie. But sometimes you just don’t feel like rolling the dough. So this is where the Gingerbread Cookie Bar comes into play! You simply press them into the pan and, BAM! You’ve got cookies, but without all the work!
These are perfectly soft, delicious, and everything a gingerbread cookie should be! Add a quick glaze on top and they’re completely irresistible!
This makes an 8×8″ sized pan, so you’ll probably need to double or triple the batch, because one is just not enough! These need to become a Christmas time tradition! I know they will be at our house!
Keep this recipe close for the next time you’re craving a Gingerbread Cookie, but you’re too tired to make them! You’ll thank yourself!
Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. cloves
- 3/4 tsp. ginger
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk more as necessary for thinning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the edges.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, egg, and molasses. In a separate bowl, stir together baking soda, salt cinnamon, cloves, ginger and flour. Add it to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread/press dough into parchment paper-lined pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Allow them to cool completely.
- To make the drizzle, stir together powdered sugar and milk (adding more milk a little at a time, if needed, until it reaches the desired consistency). Drizzle the bars, let it set, then slice and serve.
I’m sure your neighbors and friends already love you to bits, but these will put you to the top of their lists for sure! And Santa will be eager to visit your house if these are by the tree on Christmas Eve!