This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleNaturalSmithfield #AllNaturalPork #GuaranteedTender #CollectiveBias
Wow the family and the dinner guests with this Grilled Cajun Pork Salad! It’s colorful, flavorful, and so delicious! Plus, the creamy cajun dressing really sends it over the top!
We’ve had wonderfully warm weather lately with lots of sunshine and it got me in the mood for some grilling! Have you broken out your grill yet after the long winter? If not, I’ve got the perfect reason for you to do just that! Now’s a great time to start serving up those gorgeous fresh salads topped with grilled meat!
Today’s recipe is a show stopper! I love a good green salad, especially when it’s hearty enough to count for dinner! Because that means I don’t have to worry too much about sides! The veggies and protein are covered here!
I made a phenomenal creamy cajun dressing to go with it that will have you smacking your lips in delight!
I love grilling because it’s so easy and the cleanup is minimal. So I’m always sure to grab a package or two of Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops when I’m at Walmart to make dinner a no-brainer! There are so many yummy meal options with these grilled pork chops, but today’s is especially delicious! I grilled the pork and then sliced it into strips and added it into the ultimate scrumptious salad! This one’s going to be on repeat over the coming months! It’s simple enough for a weeknight meal solution, yet fancy enough for weekend entertainment! I call that a major win!
We choose Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork every time because it’s naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. Its top quality is evident in its taste and it’s hand-selected based on coloring and marbling. Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is proudly raised in the USA. Plus, it’s Guaranteed Tender, and always fresh, never frozen. So many reasons to choose Smithfield®.
Be sure to go here for recipe inspiration and an Ibotta offer to Earn $1 off Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork!
Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops grill up so fast! They’re nice and thin, so you basically just have to blink and they’re done! I brushed them with some olive oil, then sprinkled them generously with cajun seasoning for flavor. Remember that some of the spices will cook off during the grilling process, so don’t be shy about this part!
Here’s how to put the salad together:
First, cut up your veggies and place them in a large bowl on top of an iceberg lettuce mix. Next, brush your Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops on both sides with olive oil, then season generously with cajun seasoning on both sides. Grill them on high for about 3 minutes per side, or just until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the pork chops into strips and add them to the salad. Toss and serve with your choice of dressing. We love creamy cajun dressing (recipe provided below).
I love dinners that are so impressive yet don’t require much planning or effort on my part. This is one of those meals! You’ll be thanking yourself for making it with every bite!
I’m so excited for the warm season ahead! I love enjoying a yummy dinner straight from the grill outside with my family.
Grilled Cajun Pork Salad
- Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Cajun Seasoning
- Iceberg lettuce salad mix 24 oz
- 4-5 radishes sliced thin
- 6 oz. cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 of a cucumber sliced thin and then sliced in half, if desired
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/4 of a purple onion sliced and separated
- Creamy Cajun Dressing:
- 1 c. sour cream full fat
- 1/4 c. buttermilk *see note below for making your own
- 1/8 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning or to taste
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- Brush both sides of your Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops with olive oil, then sprinkle generously with cajun seasoning on both sides. Grill the pork chops on high for about 3 minutes, or just until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the cooked pork chops into strips.
- Pour the iceberg salad mix into a large bowl, toss with radishes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocados and purple onion. Sprinkle additional cajun seasoning over the salad and toss, if desired. Serve with your favorite dressing or creamy cajun dressing.
- To make the dressing, whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, and minced garlic. Allow it to sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving so the flavors can come together.
- *To make your own buttermilk for this recipe, add just enough white vinegar to cover the bottom of the 1/4 c. measure. Fill the rest with milk and allow it to sit for 5 minutes or so, so the milk can sour.
What are your favorite things to grill? What are you most looking forward to about summer?