This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomegatingHeroes #CollectiveBias
Game day just wouldn’t be complete without these Grilled Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Sliders! They’re a crowd-pleasing, handheld appetizer! Plus, get your home ready to host with the help of some essentials that I can’t wait to tell you about today!
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not much of a football watcher, but I do love a good excuse to make yummy goodies and invite friends into our home. I take great pride in preparing the perfect finger foods, veggie platters, and mini sandwiches. Because I believe that everything tastes better when it’s tiny and cute. 🙂
I like to have a nice variety of snacks at-the-ready for our guests. These Grilled Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Sliders are so easy to prepare and are always a huge hit!
But, something that’s equally as important to me as what we eat is how my house looks when the party begins.
I certainly want my home to look clean and presentable, but I don’t want to spend my whole day fussing about it. And we all know that it’s not just about the prep work before, but the cleanup afterwards. That’s why I like to prevent unnecessary stress by stocking my home with products like Angel Soft® Bath Tissue, Sparkle® Paper Towel, and Glad® Food Storage and Trash.
You won’t want to miss out on this offer! Buy 3 participating items, Save $3 at Dollar General, valid 9/24/17-10/21/17! *Participating items include Angel Soft® 12 Family Roll, Angel Soft® with Fresh Lavender Scent 12 Big Roll, Sparkle® 6 Roll, Kingsford® Charcoal, Glad® Food Storage and Glad® Trash. Excludes $1 value Angel Soft® and Glad® items.
A trip to Dollar General took care of that! Use this handy locator to find a store near you!
It’s important that I get each space in my home ready for company, right down to the restrooms. So that means I’m sure to stock them with lots of Angel Soft® Bath Tissue!
I want to enjoy time with our guests to the fullest, so I equip myself with plenty of Sparkle® Paper Towels so I can quickly wipe up messes, like teriyaki sauce drips, as they happen! That way, I don’t even have to miss a beat in our conversation!
If there happen to be leftover chicken tenders from the sliders, I simply place them in a gallon Glad® Food Storage Bag and throw them in the refrigerator. No sweat!
I promise you, with today’s no-fail recipe and the tips I’ve armed you with, hosting is a total walk in the park! 🙂
And, if your tidy home isn’t enough to impress the guests, these Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Sliders will surely make them bow down to you! I bet you want to take a bite! The flavor is incredible!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Sliders
- 2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
- 1 large pineapple sliced into rings
- Slider rolls
- Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- Make the teriyaki sauce by first whisking together cornstarch and pineapple juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together granulated sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper in a small sauce pan over the stove top. Turn heat to medium-high and allow mixture to come to a full boil, while whisking it occasionally so it doesn't burn. After it boils, quickly pour in cornstarch and pineapple juice mixture, while whisking and allow it to return to a boil just until it thickens. Quickly remove it from the heat. Stir and transfer to a sealable container and place in the refrigerator to cool and further thicken.
- Place chicken tenderloins and pineapple rings in separate Glad® Food Storage Bags. Reserve 1/4 c. teriyaki sauce and pour 1/2 of the remaining sauce into the chicken tenderloin bag and the other 1/2 in the bag with the pineapple rings. Allow these to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Grill chicken and pineapple rings on medium-high heat, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink inside. At the very end of the grilling process, baste chicken and pineapple with remaining 1/4 c. of teriyaki sauce.
- Cut tenderloins, as necessary, to fit on slider rolls. Place chicken and a pineapple slice on a toasted slider roll and serve.
Be sure to make enough to feed an army, because these will not last long!
I hope you enjoy your game time gatherings! What are your best tips for effortlessly preparing your home for company before the big game? I’d love to hear!
Go here for more great game day tips!