This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are entirely my own.
Let the summer grilling season begin with this incredibly easy and delicious Grilled Pineapple Strawberries ‘n Cream-Stuffed Pound Cake! It comes together in a hurry and is sure to wow all the guests at the BBQ!
Have you ever had grilled pound cake? If not, you are really missing out! Before a few years ago, I’d never really thought to grill desserts. But, let me tell you, once I saw the light, I never turned back!
Grilling pound cake really takes the flavor up ten notches and gives it wonderful texture too! I love those grill marks! To me they are synonymous with scrumptious!
This fantastic confection begins with a yummy Sara Lee® Pound Cake and continues to get better by the moment with layers of grilled pineapple, fresh sliced strawberries, and oodles of homemade cool strawberry whipped cream!
I picked up this pound cake, along with the rest of the ingredients for this dessert at Target. Don’t miss out on this Target Cartwheel offer for 25% off 1 Sara Lee Pound Cake!
And be sure to check out the Summer Field Guide for more great ideas!
Do you want to hear what might be the best part about this whole thing? From start to finish, this dessert takes about 15 minutes to make! So you can wait until your guests show up for the gathering, then quickly heat up the grill and crank out something so amazingly delectable and impressive in no time!
You’ll want to slice your pineapple into rounds with the core removed. I used a handy dandy pineapple slicer to make this a cinch! I brushed on some vegetable oil so they wouldn’t stick to the grill. You could also use melted butter, if you prefer. Next, you’ll slice your Sara Lee® Pound Cake in half long ways. I brushed some softened butter on it, too, to help it not to stick.
Then you’ll grill each slice for a few minutes per side, and before you know it, you’re enjoying what could be the most delicious dessert you’ve ever sunk your teeth into!
I’d recommend making the strawberry whipped cream right before grilling so you can quickly assemble everything once that part is done. This is definitely one of those desserts that’s best when enjoyed immediately! That fresh-off-the-grill taste paired with the fruit and fluffy whipped cream is unbeatable!
The combo of strawberries and pineapple has always been a favorite of mine. Sandwich it between pound cake with a nice helping of strawberry whipped cream, and I think I’ve died and gone to heaven! You’re going to love this!
I’m not kidding when I say my husband literally hovered over it as I was photographing, just waiting to pounce and devour. 🙂 It’s that good! We can’t wait to share this with our friends all summer long!
Grilled Pineapple Strawberries ‘n Cream Stuffed Pound Cake
- 1 Sara Lee Pound Cake thawed according to package directions
- Fresh pineapple rounds core removed (we used 2, but you can certainly use more)
- Fresh sliced strawberries for layering and topping about 1 c.
- Strawberry whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. fresh strawberry puree I placed mine in the blender, but you can also mash them by hand well with a fork
- 1/8 c. plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Prepare the strawberry whipped cream by stirring together 1/4 c. strawberry puree and 1/8 c. plus 1 Tbsp. sugar. Pour cold heavy cream into a chilled mixing bowl, then add the sweetened strawberry puree and mix with whisk attachment on high speed until cream holds its shape and is scoop-able. Place in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- Slice the thawed Sara Lee Pound Cake lengthwise, spread softened butter on all sides, and grill on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Brush melted butter or vegetable oil on pineapple rounds and grill on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Assemble by placing grilled pineapple rounds on one half of the Sara Lee® Pound Cake, followed by a layer of fresh sliced strawberries, then spread on a nice helping of strawberry whipped cream (reserving a nice big scoop for the topping), then top with the other pound cake half. Place a big scoop of strawberry whipped cream on top, along with additional fresh sliced strawberries for garnish.
Now slice and enjoy!
You won’t believe how simple this is to make, yet your guests will think you slaved away for a long time while preparing it! It looks so pretty with all the layers and colors!
Sara Lee Pound Cake is such a great dessert option for when you are in a hurry or don’t feel like turning on the oven in the summer heat! Be sure to not miss out on this Cartwheel offer!
I can’t wait for you to try this! Tell me–what is your favorite thing to grill during the summer?