These ghoulishly delicious Halloween Oatmeal Cookie Bars will make a festive addition to your spooky celebrations! They’re sure to be a hit with all the little ghosts and goblins!
It may be still September, but we’re already gearing up for Halloween over here! We decorated the house last weekend with pumpkins, bats, ghosts, and spider webs. We’re planning out costumes and coming up with a bucket list of things that we want to do as a family during the month of October to celebrate fall and Halloween.
One thing that is always a big part of our Halloween festivities are fun treats like today’s Halloween Oatmeal Cookie Bars! My kids have also requested these Witch’s Fingers and these adorable Pumpkin Krispies Treats. I think it’s safe to say that food is a big part of our October. 🙂
How do you celebrate Halloween at your house?
I always love to browse the seasonal aisle at the grocery store because that’s where I find goodies like these colorful Halloween M&M’s that add the perfect touch and chocolate taste to these cookie bars! I love a chewy cookie bar with loads of chocolate. If you’re the same, then these will not disappoint!
I have to know-do you prefer the edge or the center piece of cookie bars? I love the edge pieces! I like how I can have the best of both worlds-the perfectly soft and chewy texture that comes from a center piece and then a little bit of crunch when I get to the edge. Be careful not to over bake!
Halloween Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 c. old fashioned oats
- 3/4 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. Ghoul's Mix M&M's or other Halloween M&M's, lightly crushed for inside the cookie bars
- 1/2 c. whole M&M's to press on top before baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. Cream it until it lightens in color and gets nice and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and old fashioned oats.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until combined, scraping down the sides in between.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and 1/2 c. lightly crushed M&M's.
- Press/spread dough evenly into prepared pan. Press 1/2 c. whole M&M's on top.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes, or just until set. Let cool completely, then cut into bars and serve.
I know you’re going to love these!
Chelsea Johnson says