If you need a last-minute Halloween party treat, look no further than this ooey gooey, festive Halloween Popcorn Cake! It’s so quick to whip up and can be easily customized with your favorite add-ins! This one is studded with sprinkles, pretzels, and black chocolate candy balls for a fun effect!
Ever since I made this Movie Night Popcorn Cake, I’ve been dying to Halloween-ify the recipe. So I thought I’d go for the orange and black effect this time. I combined marshmallows with orange candy melts for the delicious “glue” that keeps it all together.
I’m not kidding when I say this dessert comes together in less than ten minutes! You literally have to pop some bagged popcorn, melt the marshmallow mixture, then pour it over and toss in your add-ins. Then pack it into a greased bundt cake pan so it can take its pretty form.
This will definitely feed a crowd of hungry ghosts and goblins! Throw in some peanuts, pretzels, sprinkles, chocolate candies (the more festive colored, the better), or candy corns, if you so desire.
I can’t believe how close we are to Halloween! These last three months of the year always fly by, and I wish they wouldn’t! This time around we’ve got a black cat, Indiana Jones, a mermaid, and a Mickey Mouse heading out to trick-or-treat. They can’t wait to weigh their buckets down with oodles of candy! I’m excited too, because, they’ll all need to pay the candy tax to their mother. After all, I gave them life, so the least they can do is give me mini chocolate bars. 🙂
This cake is total party food! It looks so fun and festive and is sure to be a hit with everybody!
We’ve got a busy weekend coming up with our local “Zoo Boo” event, a Fall Festival at the kids’ school, and pumpkin carving as a family. I’m excited to see which designs the kids come up with this year for their jack-o-lanterns. I love to see them all lit up on our porch as we head out to hit the neighborhood for tricks and treats.
Halloween Popcorn Cake
- 2 bags microwaveable butter popcorn
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 10 oz bag mini white marshmallows
- 12 oz. bag orange vanilla flavored candy melts
- 1/2 c. black chocolate candy balls I used Sixlets found near the party goods aisle
- Halloween sprinkles
- Optional add-ins: peanuts pretzels, candy corns, etc.
- Begin by popping your popcorn in the microwave, removing the unpopped kernels, and pouring the rest into a very large bowl.
- Over the stove top on medium-high heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and orange candy melts and melt completely, while stirring constantly, to avoid burning. Pour over popcorn and quickly and gently toss the mixture with a large spoon to coat all the popcorn. Add in sprinkles, chocolate candies, pretzels, and whatever other options you'd like and gently mix it all together.
- Spread and gently pack mixture into a greased 10" bundt cake pan (it will be full) and let it sit for a few minutes until it mostly cools and keeps its shape. Then, carefully turn it over onto a plate or platter to empty the pan. Best when fresh. Keep covered.
Cut a big ‘ol slice of this popcorn cake and enjoy! It’s phenomenal! Happy Halloween, everybody!