This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Game day just got a whole lot more yummy and flavorful with these Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos! It’s a finger food that’s a sure-fire win!
I grabbed everything I needed to make today’s scrumptious recipe at Walmart! It’s a one-stop game day celebration shop! Hover over the photo above to click through to Walmart.com and purchase delicious Pace® products!
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not one to enjoy watching football. However, I do love to cook amazing food and share it with friends and family at our get together. You’ll usually find me in the kitchen, rather than at the TV. Instead of cheering for the awesome plays, I get extra giddy about serving up delicious mini appetizers for everyone at the party to devour.
The only entertainment I need when the game is playing are some tasty ingredients, a few pots and pans and my oven. 🙂 Then I’m one happy camper in my favorite spot in the house, combining a little of this and that to create masterpieces that will make my guests’ taste buds dance!
These phenomenal, creamy Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos take flavor to a whole new level, thanks to 24.oz. Pace® Salsa Verde and a few other incredible add-ins. The party peeps will do flips for them!
Being a southwest girl at heart, I typically opt to incorporate those unbeatable, bold flavors in my game day dishes.
So you’ll understand why I keep loads of Pace® Salsa at-the-ready when hosting friends, because the results are so impressive and totally worthy of applause. It’s available in a variety of heat levels and textures, but I opted for medium, since I wanted to be attentive to my guests’ spice tolerance.
Pace® has an Ibotta® offer available at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
Be sure to set out mini bowls for Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium (I bought 24 oz.) because these taquitos are so fun to dip! Pace® Salsa adds a kick of excitement to basically whatever you whip up and is perfect when added into recipes and dips or as a condiment! The sky’s the limit!
Here’s a quick run-down on how to make today’s recipe:
Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos
- 1/2 jalapeño seeds and membranes removed, very finely diced
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken to make things easier)
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. full-fat sour cream
- 3/4 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 c. 24.oz. Pace® Salsa Verde
- Flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together jalapeño, chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, pepper jack cheese, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, honey, lime juice and Pace® Salsa Verde until ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Place about 2 Tablespoons of the mixture on the edge of a flour tortilla and roll up. Place tortillas in the pan close together.
- Spray the tops with a little baking spray right before placing them in the oven to help them get crispy. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the filling is nice and hot and the tortillas are slightly crispy.
How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
Your game day guests will love you all the more when you bring out these Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos! Enjoy!