Need an easy dinner idea that everyone will be crazy for? This Italian Pasta Bake is just the thing!
Now, more than ever, we need all the comfort food to keep our tummies and taste buds happy and satisfied!
We typically have pasta at least one night a week. We look forward to it! I love a good meal that I can throw together on a whim with things that are already in my pantry. This is one of those dinners! You’ll use a jar of your favorite marinara sauce, along with a few other tasty add-ins! The result is a flavorful, filling dish that will win praises around the dinner table!
My family sure enjoyed this!
All that melty cheese just makes my mouth water! If you’re cooking from your cupboards right now, this is a scrumptious way to do that! You probably have most of the ingredients on-hand already!
Simply cook up some Italian sausage with some diced bell peppers, onions and garlic, then combine them with the remaining sauce ingredients.
If this dish wasn’t amazing enough on its own, it will make it so you don’t have to cook for a few nights! We ate yummy leftovers the evening after and I was thanking my lucky stars that I could just pull this out of the fridge and re-heat it.
I’m a huge pasta fan and could probably enjoy it every night of the week. 🙂 Are you like me that way? Here’s a few other pasta dishes you will love!
Italian night just got lots yummier when this pasta bake is served! It’s the perfect way to keep dinner fuss-free and delicious!
Italian Pasta Bake
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 can 14.5 oz Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar 24 oz of your favorite marinara sauce (we love Bertoli Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 box 16 oz pasta (we used Penne, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand)
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lightly grease a 9"x13" pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but add salt to the boiling water before you add the pasta. Cook and drain.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, cook diced yellow onion, diced green pepper, Italian sausage and minced garlic, crumbling and breaking the meat up as you go. Cook until sausage is no longer pink and peppers and onions are tender. Drain the grease.
- Stir in Italian diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, and Italian seasoning.
- Add drained pasta and toss to coat completely in the sauce.
- Pour and spread into prepared pan, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheese mixture and return it to the oven to bake for 5 more minutes. Enjoy immediately.
I know dinner’s good when all my little picky eaters don’t complain about it!