If these Key Lime Pie Bars don’t just scream, “Summer!”, I don’t know what does! A perfect creamy citrus layer atop a yummy graham cracker crust! You won’t be able to resist!
Summer is all about citrus desserts for me! You know I’m pretty much always craving chocolate, but I have to say that citrus actually trumps chocolate in the summer for me. I know, it’s crazy. It’s a testament to how perfect citrus desserts are! I recently shared a recipe for some phenomenal Lemon Blondies and I think these are every bit as delicious! I can’t pick a favorite! Lemon and lime desserts are both so yummy!
I love that these are so easy to make too! You will need to bake them, but just for a few minutes! The fresh lime juice really comes through in the finished product and makes these absolutely irresistible!
We shared some with neighbors and they texted their compliments after enjoying them. One of the ways I save my waistline, since I can’t avoid treats, is to distribute the calories to neighbors. 🙂 They all express on a regular basis how lucky they feel to live next door to us, haha! I think they are doing a favor for me by taking some off my hands!
I’ve shared on here how much I enjoy running. I do it three times a week (6 miles or more per time) and I exercise at home the other days. Is it bad that I dream about desserts while I’m running? They are one of the things that make me so happy in life! There’s nothing like a good sweat session to make me crave my sweets, haha! Many times, it’s on these runs that I find inspiration for my next dessert to share here on the blog! I believe life is about balance! I enjoy desserts immensely and eat one most days, but I try to counteract that with lots of healthy food choices for the rest of my day.
Desserts make the world go ’round! I think every hot summer day could be better with the addition of a cool and dreamy Key Lime Pie Bar!
Key Lime Pie Bars
- 2 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 2 cans 14 oz each sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c. sour cream full fat
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. fresh-squeezed key lime juice or fresh regular lime juice
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- Topping: Whipped Cream optional
- Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the crust, stir together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until all the crumbs are moist.
- Press crumbs in the bottom of the prepared 9"x13" pan. Use the flat part of a measuring cup to pack them down tightly.
- Bake crust for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for the filling.
- To prepare the filling, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together well the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, softened cream cheese, key lime juice and grated lime zest, scraping down the sides with a spatula as you go. Pour and spread evenly over baked crust, then return it to the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or just until filling is set and barely jiggles, but is not starting to brown.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil or plastic wrap and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Top each slice with a dollop of fresh whipped cream (optional because they are fantastic without it).
I know you’ll fall in love at bite one! Enjoy!