These Lemon Cake Mix Cookies will make you want summer to stick around forever! They’re absolutely delightful!
I explained yesterday that I’m on a cake mix cookie kick right now. I just love them and I’m having to so much fun creating new varieties for me and you to enjoy! I’m here today with another delicious cake mix cookie recipe. This time, it’s lemon flavored, and I know you’re going to love them! If you crave lemon desserts, you’re not going to want to miss out on this one!
I incorporated lemon extract in the cookie mix and fresh lemon juice in the glaze for the perfect punch of lemon flavor! My kids were in cookie heaven, because I created these cookies and the Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies on the same day. We were obsessed with both types and couldn’t choose a favorite! Which one will you make first?
When summer time arrives, I crave all things lemon desserts! The fresh citrus taste is just too phenomenal! So I knew I needed to make a simple lemon cookie that would hit the spot but be out of the oven in a jiff! Enter the cake mix cookie! I just love how versatile cake mixes are! I like to keep a stock of them in my pantry for days when I have a major sweet tooth craving but don’t want to put the effort into making a full-on homemade treat.
If you love lemon cookies, you have to also try these Lemon Lover’s Dream Cookies! They’re not quite as quick as a cake mix cookie, but they’re still no biggie! And totally worth the extra time!
Every summer BBQ and potluck calls for lemon cake mix cookies! The lemon drizzle sends them up ten notches! They’re totally delectable and completely irresistible!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box 15.25 oz Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 6 Tbsp. butter melted
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with nonstick baking mats or lightly spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cake mix, egg, lemon extract and melted butter until combined.
- Scoop and roll dough into 1 1/2" balls. Arrange on prepared cookie sheets at least 2" apart. Press dough balls down with the palms of your hands to flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 9 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheets before carefully removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice and milk. If the glaze is too thick, add a little more milk. If it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and allow the glaze to set completely before storing the cookies in an airtight container.
Enjoy and happy summer!