This creamy, yummy Lime Jello Fluff is the perfect addition to all your summer potlucks and gatherings!
You may have seen this jello recipe in one form or another floating around Pinterest. Or maybe your grandma or great aunt makes it. It’s also known as a Sea Foam Salad. But I decided to come up with my own name for it. You may be thinking, “Wow, it sounds like she just pulled that title off the top of her head”. And to that I will say “Yes, yes I did”. Ha!
It’s definitely an oldie but goodie. My mom made this version, growing up, and I can’t believe I haven’t shared it yet. I distinctly remember it at dinner alongside her casseroles and green beans. She’d make it at least once a week. So I called her the other day, inquiring about it, and she texted me the recipe.
Mine calls for lime jello, whipped cream, crushed pineapple and nuts (I used pecans, but walnuts are great and so are pistachios).
I love that it’s such a versatile salad! I think it would be fun to add sliced bananas! But I kept it simple and basic this time. Feel free to make this your own!
There are a few staples that every summer dinner gathering should include, at least in my opinion. One is an excellent Potato Salad and another is a perfect cookie to top everything off. But one thing that all your warm weather events should also certainly include is a wow-worthy jello salad. And this is it!
Lime Jello Fluff
- 1 large package lime jello 6 oz.
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. cold water
- 1 can 20 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts may also use pecans or pistachios
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped
- Boil some water, measure 2 c., pour into a big bowl, then pour in jello packets. Add sugar and whisk until jello and sugar are dissolved. Then whisk in 1 c. cold water. Next, stir in crushed pineapple (make sure it's drained). Pour into a 9x13" pan and place in the refrigerator until it's mostly set.
- Whip cream until peaks form. Scrape jello in the pan with a spoon to break up. Transfer jello to a large bowl and fold in the whipped cream with the chopped nuts. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
It may not be the prettiest food you ever did see, but it sure is delicious! Just be sure to allow enough time for the jello to mostly set and then the rest comes together in a hurry. Enjoy!