These Marshmallow Creme Cookie Bars will be the star of your potluck or picnic this summer! Marshmallow Creme peeks through a soft cookie with M&M’s. It doesn’t get better than this when it comes to dessert!
I’m continuing my cookie obsession today with these phenomenal cookie bars. You all know how much I love a good cookie, but whenever I can simplify them even further by making them into bars, I will! Marshmallow creme is such a delightful thing, don’t you think? Pair it with cookies, and you’ve got a creation that will make the taste buds dance!
One of the things I love most about summer time is all the BBQ’s and potlucks that happen. When we go to friends’ houses for dinner, I always volunteer to bring dessert, because I love any excuse to make a treat!
I love making cookies to bring to gatherings because, not only do they feed a crowd, but they are handheld and always a huge hit with everyone! These cookie bars are sure to win praises!
I mean, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with M&M cookie bars plus marshmallow creme! These are so dreamy!
If I had to pick my top favorite potluck dessert bars ever, these would definitely be in the top five, along with Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars, Luscious Lemon Bars, Blueberry Cheesecake Cookie Bars, and Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars. All of these are tried and true, two thumbs up status, according to the guests I’ve hosted!
I’m already wishing I had more! These are absolutely irresistible! I served them to a group of teenagers at an activity at my church and you should have seen how fast two platefuls disappeared! They were all fighting to get the bars with the most marshmallow creme. 🙂
Marshmallow Creme Cookie Bars
- 1 c. 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 7 oz. container marshmallow creme
- 1 1/4 c. M&M's for topping
- Line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper, so it hangs over the edges. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs, scraping the sides down with a spatula in between.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Reserve 1 c. of cookie dough. Press the remaining cookie dough into parchment-lined pan. Spread marshmallow creme over the top. Grab bits of the reserved cookie dough and press them flat in your hand, then lay them on top of the marshmallow creme. They won't cover the entire top, but piece them together as best you can.
- Sprinkle and press M&M's into the batter on top, then bake for approximately 22 minutes, or just until set. Don't overbake! Let cool completely, then carefully lift the cookie bars from the pan with the parchment paper. Slice and serve.
What’s your favorite dessert to serve at a potluck? I can’t wait to make these all summer long! They are a keeper, for sure!