I received free product from Silpat in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
These Mini Butter Pecan Cakes with an incredible Caramel Pecan Drizzle are so perfect for sharing with family and friends! They’re decadent and just the right size to devour!
When I was on my Chicago girls’ trip with my in-laws and sisters-in-law recently, many of our conversations were centered around food. Can I just say, we love yummy things to eat!! I think we were extra hungry from all the walking we did while shopping the Miracle Mile. 🙂
One of the things we talked about on more than one occasion were some divine mini Butter Pecan Cakes they had all enjoyed at a restaurant while traveling to our final destination. I had taken a separate connecting flight, so I unfortunately missed out on this. But, all they had to do was mention the name and I couldn’t stop thinking about that dessert! They raved about the amazing caramel drizzle that sunk into the little hole in the center and oozed out when they cut into it. I was drooling just hearing about it! I knew I had to get a mouthful of it ASAP!
So I got home and got busy recreating it in my own kitchen with my Silpat Silicone Mini Fluted Cake Pan. It makes eight beautiful little cakes with fluted edges and golden finishes! Don’t even get me started on the remarkably tender centers! This premium 13×18 nonstick pan enables the cakes to bake to perfection without using cooking sprays! This pan, along with five other varieties in Silpat’s perfect baking collection, are available online only at Williams-Sonoma.
After cooling for a short bit, the cakes release so easily from their molds, just ready to be hit with the caramel pecan drizzle! I can’t even begin to describe how fantastic these little treasures are to the taste buds!
These are just begging to be taken to a party! The guests will be raving about them the entire evening! They’re impressive and professional looking, yet super simple to create! Everything I love in a dessert!
These are so magnificent when served warm. They just about melt in your mouth! Of course you can store leftover cakes and caramel topping in the fridge, then just quickly microwave them to enjoy them at their maximum delectable potential!
Mini Butter Pecan Cakes with Caramel Pecan Drizzle
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. butter softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. boiling water
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Caramel Pecan Drizzle:
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. heavy cream or half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture, boiling water and buttermilk to the wet mixture alternately, starting with HALF of the flour mixture, then half of the buttermilk, half of the boiling water, etc., mixing in between, until all are incorporated. Quickly mix in chopped pecans.
- Spoon mixture into Silpat mini fluted cake pan (that you've placed inside a half-sized baking pan), ensuring each cup is no more than 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 17-19 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the baking mold for 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove the cakes.
- Make the caramel pecan drizzle by stirring together brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream or half and half in a sauce pan. Place it on the stove top over medium-high heat and stir constantly while allowing it to come to a boil. Remove it from heat and stir in vanilla and 1/2 c. chopped pecans. Drizzle over warm cakes and serve immediately. Cakes and drizzle are best when served warm. Quickly warm them in the microwave if they've cooled.
I hope you get to enjoy these very soon! It’s a confection that will be on repeat at our house, for sure!
These would make a memorable addition to your Christmas or New Year’s Eve celebrations!