Mom’s Spaghetti and Meatballs are everything you want in a dinner and more! This is a comforting, flavorful, make-you-feel-good meal for the whole family to enjoy!
I love visiting home because my mom cooks wonderful meals for us. Of course I help her prepare them, but it’s so nice to not be the one in charge for a change. 🙂
If there’s one recipe that’s a staple for my family, it’s probably spaghetti and meatballs! I don’t know of a single person who could turn down a delicious pasta dish that’s smothered in yummy red sauce with tender meatballs throughout. It’s one of those things that, after eating it, all you can do is smile.
My mom’s recipe is extra special because it’s semi-homemade, so it’s super easy. But you dress that stuff in the jar up with a few other key ingredients to make it taste like a million bucks! And then you let it simmer so the flavors really come together. Just use your favorite frozen meatballs and serve it with a side of bread. This is a fuss-free dinner everyone will be cheering about!
Spaghetti and meatballs is one of those meals you really can’t go wrong with! My kids beg for it on a very regular basis! And I don’t complain when they do, because it’s so simple to throw together and is so delicious! The pot empties in a hurry!
Mom’s Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 15 oz. can whole or diced tomatoes whatever you have on hand (puree them or pulse them in the blender until they reach the desired texture; can be smooth or chunky)
- 24 oz. Jar Classico Spicy Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. dried basil
- Your favorite frozen meatballs
- 1.37 oz. dry packet Thick and Zesty Spaghetti Sauce Mix Mccormick
- 8-12 oz. spaghetti noodles; cooked and drained
- In a large pot, stir together the canned tomatoes (puree or keep them chunky), Classico pasta sauce, salt and basil. Allow that to come to a boil. Stir.
- Add a bunch of frozen meatballs (pack them in). Turn the heat down and let that simmer for about an hour, covered. For the last 5 minutes, stir in the dry packet of spaghetti sauce mix and let it continue to cook and thicken. Add the cooked and drained spaghetti noodles in and toss to coat them fully in the sauce mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serve this up for your next pasta night and everyone around the dinner table will be smacking their lips in delight! Once you try this, you’ll want to add it to your regular dinner rotation! It’s that yummy!