I crave ice cream all summer long! Now you can enjoy a cool, refreshing treat, for a special celebration or for no reason at all with this No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream!
My youngest son’s birthday is over the summer, but not until the end. That doesn’t mean that we won’t be enjoying this Birthday Cake Ice Cream often while it’s hot outside! Because we don’t need an excuse like a birthday to have homemade ice cream!
If there’s one dessert that just screams summer time, it’s ice cream! My kids are all about the vanilla ice cream. They seem to prefer simple and basic. Add in colorful sprinkles and birthday cake mix, though, and the result is even more irresistible!
What child (or adult, for that matter) doesn’t get excited about birthday cake? I can’t think of any!
We don’t own an ice cream maker, so I’m all about no-churn ice cream recipes! Plus, they are so easy! Quickly mix a few ingredients together, pour it into a pan, freeze and then you’ve got the most incredible creamy, cool treat!
And then the options are endless! Add your favorite toppings, serve it in a cone, a bowl, or enjoy it by the spoonful out of the pan! You just can’t go wrong!
I got the inspiration for today’s treat from this amazing No-Churn Apple Crisp Ice Cream recipe I shared a few years back. But this time, I knew I had to make it birthday cake flavored, because there’s something about birthday cake that is just so fun, yummy and exciting! It’s even delicious in cookie form too!
No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- 2 c. cold heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 heaping Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. Funfetti cake mix dry
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c. colorful sprinkles plus additional for garnish
- Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer for about half an hour before beginning. This will enable the cream to whip up better.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip heavy cream with vanilla, powdered sugar and Funfetti cake mix until soft peaks form or until it's thickened nicely.
- Stir/fold in sweetened condensed milk and sprinkles, pour and spread into a bread pan or other freezer-safe metal pan. Sprinkle with additional sprinkles, cover with foil and freeze until firm. Overnight is best.
So, whether you’re celebrating a summer birthday in your family or maybe you just want some scrumptious ice cream to prevent you from overheating, you need to make this birthday cake ice cream!
If you’re looking for more ice cream ideas, be sure to go HERE.