Christmas cookies are just the best, don’t you agree? These No Cutout Christmas Sugar Cookies belong on your goodie plates this year! Everyone will love them!
I realized the other day that I hadn’t made a dessert for a whole week! That is totally unlike me. If you’ve followed this blog for any amount of time, you know that I live for desserts. I’ve been so busy with the season and helping my kids with homeschool and distance learning, that I’ve allowed my baking to take a back seat. Such a shame, right? Well, no more!
It’s Christmas time, after all! This is my favorite time to get in the kitchen and make delicious treats to eat and share.
I LOVE making sugar cookies this time of year. My kids enjoy helping me cut them out and frost and decorate them. But sometimes I really want a sugar cookie, but I don’t have the time to roll out and cut them into shapes. Enter the No Roll Out Christmas Sugar Cookie!
Just make the dough, then scoop or form them into balls, press the dough balls down with the palms of your hands so they bake flatter, then pop them in the oven! Then frost with the ultimate fluffy buttercream frosting and decorate! I opted to keep it simple and just add sprinkles. They’re so fun and festive!
These sugar cookies are soft and chewy, just how I like my sugar cookies. Will you be making treat platters for your neighbors and friends this year? If so, these are a must make! Everyone will love you for including these on your Christmas baking list.
Plus, Santa will not pass by your house if you set these out for him on the night of Christmas Eve. 🙂 You’ll be his favorite forever.
No Cut Out Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. sour cream full fat
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Just enough milk to make it creamy and fluffy add 1 Tbsp. at a time and mix in between. I usually add about 2-3 Tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare your baking sheets by lining them with nonstick baking mats or lightly spraying them with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and mix until all the way incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop or form dough into 1 1/2" balls and place at least 2" apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Press the dough balls down with the palms of your hands to flatten.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Be careful not to over bake!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before carefully removing them to cooling racks to cool completely.
- For the frosting, cream together softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and just enough milk for thinning. I start by adding a few Tablespoons and mixing, then adding a Tablespoon at a time, and mixing in between, just until the frosting is light and fluffy. Allow it to mix on a high speed for 5 minutes to get really fluffy and amazing! Add food coloring, if desired.
- Frost the cooled cookies and decorate with sprinkles or other candies. Enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container to keep them soft.
If you’re limited on time and still want to enjoy sugar cookies, this recipe is for you! They’re absolute perfection!