This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplyMothersDay #CollectiveBias
Wish Mom a Happy Mother’s Day with these delightful Orange Pineapple Muffins that are perfect for a breakfast in bed surprise or brunch celebration!
Mother’s Day is such a special day and it always has been for me, even before I became a mom. I love to celebrate the wonderful women in my life, whether they’re friends, aunts, cousins, sisters, moms or mothers-in-law. I am so blessed to be influenced by so many incredible women!
My mother and mother-in-law live far away, but I really wish they were closer so I could put on a Mother’s Day Brunch in their honor! Without a doubt, these Orange Pineapple Streusel Muffins would be on the menu! They’re so light and refreshing!
And, speaking of refreshing, Simply Peach is the perfect beverage for any Mother’s Day celebration!
I can’t think of a better way to greet the special day than with a glass of this in one hand and an Orange Pineapple Streusel Muffin in the other! They pair perfectly together!
I picked up some Simply Peach at my local Whole Foods. Because brunch just isn’t complete without a delicious juice!
I love shopping at Whole Foods because of the relaxing shopping experience I get whenever I go. Everything is orderly and effortless to find, which is especially key because I’m typically there with my toddler, who is a little ticking time bomb. 🙂
Plus, there’s a large selection of my favorite Simply products to choose from! It’s so easy to purchase Simply Juices at Whole Foods while you shop for your other brunch food items! Find a Whole Foods near you by using this handy store locator.
Simply Juices use never-from-concentrate juices in every beverage. And there are no preservatives, colors or artificial flavors. Simply Juices source only fruit that meets high standards and makes for excellent juices and drinks. Simply Juices 100% fruit juices are never sweetened and never frozen.
All things combined, this makes for the best, most refreshingly delicious juice possible! You can really taste the quality!
For a limited time leading up to Mother’s Day you can Save $0.50 on Simply Orange Juice at Whole Foods (starts 5/2/18 and ends 5/15/18).
My kids usually surprise me by making breakfast on Mother’s Day. It’s the sweetest thing! They run into my room with the biggest smiles on their faces, telling me to come to the kitchen where there’s a plateful of warm yummies waiting.
To me, that’s an expression of true love…preparing and sharing good food with the ones who mean the most to us!
Muffins are an essential component to every brunch occasion, at least that’s how I feel! Mom is sure to appreciate the orange pineapple flavor in these incredible muffins! The buttery, sweet streusel takes them over the top!
I think Sunshine Muffins is another totally fitting name! Because you can’t help but smile and be happy when enjoying these treasures!
These muffins come together in a hurry and will be devoured in a snap too! Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to make them.
Feel free to double the streusel recipe if you feel like you want more coverage.
Orange Pineapple Streusel Muffins
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. Simply Orange Pulp Free Juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1/2 c. crushed pineapple from the can
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pans with papers.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, vanilla, Simply Orange Pulp Free Juice, orange zest, crushed pineapple sugar, egg, and sour cream. It's ok if it's lumpy as it will all come together once the flour mixture is added.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Don't over mix after adding the flour.
- Fill muffin papers 2/3 of the way with batter. Prepare streusel topping by adding orange zest, softened butter, flour and brown sugar to a bowl and mixing with a fork or cutting in until course crumbs form. Sprinkle over tops of batter. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or just until they're set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Don’t forget the Simply Peach juice to complete this perfect spread!
Do you have any fun traditions surrounding Mother’s Day? I’d love to hear!