Get fall baking underway in the best way with these Peach Crisp Bars! Everything you love about peach crisp in an easy-to-make, less messy bar form!
I can’t even begin to describe to you how much I love peach desserts! I get so excited for peach season every year because that means peach pie bars, peach syrup and now these Peach Crisp Bars (a yummy variation of the peach pie bar)!
The fresh peaches to me are like candy! So sweet, juicy and scrumptious!
I typically purchase peaches each August from a lady who brings them from Colorado (have you heard of Palisade peaches? They’re THE BEST!). But I didn’t do that this year, and I really regretted that decision when I saw everyone posting photos of that gorgeously-luscious fruit on Instagram.
But then, lucky enough, my neighbor texted me last weekend and said he had a box of Palisade peaches for our family. So thoughtful, right?! Best neighbor ever! It was like he’d read my mind!
So I’ve been eating peaches like they’re going out of style and I’m still not tired of them! But the other day I decided to put some into a dessert and share it with my kind neighbor as a “thank you”. Of course I included some vanilla ice cream with the gift too! Because peaches and vanilla ice cream were meant to be together! Don’t you agree?
Peach Crisp Bars
- Crust and Topping:
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 c. butter softened
- Pinch of salt
- 4 c. sliced peaches peeled and sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9x13" pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add 2 1/2 c. flour, oats, brown sugar, softened butter and salt and mix with your hands or with a fork until the butter is incorporated and no loose flour or ingredients remain. Small crumbs will form.
- Reserve 1 1/2 c. of the crumb mixture for the topping and set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling mixture by stirring together 4 c. sliced peaches, 3 Tbsp. flour, 1/2 c. granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- After 10-12 minutes, remove the crust from the oven and spread the peach filling mixture evenly over.
- Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture for the topping.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for approximately 20-25 more minutes, or just until the topping looks done and the peaches are bubbly. Allow it to cool some, then slice into bars and serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! We love them warm the best!
This dessert disappeared in a hurry at our house! We wanted to lick the pan clean! I know you’re going to love it too!